6

Leigh knew how tense that things were with her and Rachel.
She knew that Rachel knew about her and Max. She knew that the last thing that she wanted was for her mum to hate her.

Leigh stood in the kitchen. She looked to seeax as he walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her. She turned to face him and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Leigh looked to him and smiled. "I guess so. Things are just hard. You know," she said as Max smiled.

He kissed her and nodded. "I know that your mum is probably upset and mad right now. But it's okay. She loves you. She will find a way to accept it. I guess that now we don't need to hide," he said as he pulled her close and kissed her.

She kissed him back. She smirked as she looked to him. "Well as long as you sort it out with your sister. Mia is your sister. She took a lot for you when you left. If you think that you're going to go back, then you need to make it up to her," Leigh said.

Max sighed. "I guess that you're right."

****

Leigh got to work. She saw Rachel and sighed as she looked to her. "Can we talk?" Leigh asked as Rachel nodded. They walked to the office.

Leigh closed the door. She looked to her and smiled. "I know that things aren't easy. I know that you're mad at me about Max and that. But I swear I didn't mean to keep it from you. I know how you feel about Max. And I thought it was for the best," she said.

Rachel looked to her and smiled. "You're my daughter. I would never hate you. I just don't want you to get hurt," she told her.

Leigh looked to her and smiled. "I know. And that does worry me. But I am trying to do what is best for me and the baby. I know what Max is like. I know what's he's done. I just want you to trust me mum."

Rachel looked to her. She pulled her into a hug and smiled. "I know it's a mess. It's complicated. But I promise you my darling that everything will be okay," Rachel said as Leigh looked to her and smiled.

Hoping that she was right.

****

Leigh stood in the staffroom and smiled as she saw Mia. "Max wants to have lunch. I know that you talked to him. You didn't have to do that," Mia said.

Leigh smiled. "He's your brother. And he caused a lot of trouble for you that he has to make up. And you're my best friend. Also the baby's auntie after all," Leigh said as Mia smiled. Leigh sighed. "I know. I just want you to get along after all we are family."

Mia nodded.  "I know," she said as she took a sip of her drink.

Leigh knew that she wanted everything to be okay. But would it all work out?