Chapter 24 - Sunday bloody sunday

Start from the beginning

Turning around towards his game partner, the purple-haired man cooed, "Ghia, do you want me to help you with the cue?" he tried to take it from his hand, but the man with the volcano-like personality pulled his arm back quickly. "Fuck off Melone, get your filthy hands off me- I'll definitely aim for the holes I'm not an idiot." He fired before moving around the table to get a better angle. In the background echoed weak innuendos from the mask-wearing man. Barely giving it any thoughts, Ghiaccio hit the cue ball; a lot harder than he meant to, as he did an accidental bridge. The ball jumped over the one he meant to hit, and hit one of ours. Melone cursed under his breath but tried to keep his calm, turning his anger into a passive aggressive joke, "You're not that good at handling balls Ghia, I could teach you if you'd let m-" the ice-stand assassin pushed himself off the table and walked behind Melone, his face flaming red in anger. One comment from Formaggio was enough for Ghiaccio to get mad as he yelled at him to shut his stupid mouth. "I'm warming up- shut your fucking hole- you're not doing shit so you don't get to say shit!" He stepped forth, trying to be imposing to intimidate the buzzcut man in front of him. Formagggio got out of his seat and made his way to stand right against Ghiaccio. They were torso to torso, how animalistic was that? "Repeat that ice fucker?" The slightly taller man asked as he stared at the blue-haired one. "I said shut your fucking trash mouth, rat fucker" He spat venomously; his head held high. Formaggio's face turned a lot angrier, insulting his stand abilities seemed to be a trigger for the assassin. Melone's hand appeared on Ghiaccio's shoulder to calm him down, but it only fired him up. Swatting the hand away, his eyes were still filled with spite, pride and anger.

"Rat fucker ain't bad, at least I don't fantasize about being dicked down by Melone." Formaggio scoffed, his expression changing slightly as Ghiaccio's face turned brighter than before. "Now now, let's not get there Formaggio I'm quite the catch-" Melone was interrupted, for the blue-haired boy that was it, he snapped the cue in half over his knee, the whole room cooled down quickly a few degrees, slowly the pool table got covered in ice. "I'LL SMASH YOUR HEAD-" As he was about to tackle the man in front of him, he was out of sight. Looking down, I saw his small form running out of the room, trying to outrun the speed at which the floor was covering with a thin layer of ice. Now sitting on the top of the pool while Fugo was standing on a stool, we observed the situation from afar. As much as this is interesting, I had something more interesting going on, for fuck sake I was going to get more information about what they knew. Did he have to tilt so quickly? "That asshole ran away?! Uh?! Get your ass back here Formaggio!! I'll take you down bitch!!" He screamed on the top of his lungs, hoping the other man would be ballsy enough to come back and finish what he started. But Formaggio was not that kind of man, he liked getting a rise out of Ghiaccio, then leave. The ice man had quite a lot of strength in his voice too, I had to use Penny Lane around Fugo and I for the time he took to scream some more for his 'colleague' to come back, which he did not do. After what felt like an hour, he had stopped trying to get out of Melone grip and also stopped screaming. Just like a baby, he was probably tired from all this energy spent on basically nothing. During the entire interaction, Illuso stood there on his stool, beer in hand and a huge smile on his lips. How chaotic could they be? "Let go of me dipshit, I'm done with this stupid game." Ghiaccio said before pulling away from his friend's arms as he threw the remaining of the wooden cue on the floor.

Melone threw us a cautious glance before whispering something to Ghiaccio, he only grumbled in response before slumping back on the couch without another word, pulling out his phone to busy himself. The effect of his stand slowly dissipated, he had calmed down. I let out a breath I did not know I was holding when I noticed his much calmer aura, but something was still off-putting in the room: Melone's gaze on us, it was insistent. When his eyes met mine, his entire demeanor changed, that well-known confident smile was back on his face, his shoulders where looser. He was trying to give off a less threatening aura, the one that was always there no matter how hard he tried. "Little one, just because Ghiaccio left my team does not mean this is over." He gritted through his teeth, still smiling. I had no idea where he was getting at, I had no intention of quitting. Giving him a small nod, I then raised a brow, "Do I look ready to surrender?" I ask a bit dubious, gesturing at the table with my head for him to play. Slowly he was getting on edge, and that's not something I wanted. I thought their capo was the one that did as he pleased, that he was the one we could not control per say, but they would do things just as unexpectedly as he would. Sighing, Melone pinched the bridge of his nose as he extended a hand forward, palm up. "I have no idea how you did it, you are very sly. But play time is over, give the ring back. The bet is still on, for you to have it back you need to win gattina." This time he wasn't being playful, I could see frustration seeping from him. I cringed at the name he had given me, but first I had to tell him, "I don't have it, so that mean you lost it. And don't call me gattina, that's gross." I told him off before putting the cue where it belonged on the wall, if that man had lost my ring the whole thing was off. We had a bet, and he lost the only thing I put at stake, there is no way I'll play along. Before I could start looking around for my ring, he grabbed my arm with force as he pulled me close to him; I saw Fugo's quick reaction and with my free arm I told him to wait. He stopped, but already had his stand out, ready for action.