3 million tears, 1 life to save (Ch. 4) picture of Spencer

Spencers p.o.v.

And another week had begun. I sighed. Seriously, it’s like Monday morning and I’m already tired of school. I was in my history class waiting untill Mr. walker would start his lesson. I know, history on Monday morning, could it have been any worse? The truth is; yes it could. Usually I’m sitting next to Valerie because we’re doing history together but she texted me this morning that she had to go to the dentist. So now I’m sitting here all alone, dying of boredom. And then my history teacher isn’t helping either. Mr. Walker is a boring, grumpy, old man with a dirty mustache. Believe me, you don’t want him as your history teacher. Actually, you don’t want him as teacher at all.

But lucky for me he left the classroom about 5 minutes ago to copy some papers for us or something. Then suddenly my phone ranged. I looked around me to see or Mr. Walker was coming. He wasn’t.

‘Hello?’

‘Spence, you need to come… Saint Fields… Ashlee and Michael…’ Ashlee’s mom, Hanna, stuttered.

What? She said Saint Fields? That’s the hospital. ‘Hanna, what happened?’ I asked confused.

‘…they were in the car but I don’t know...’ she sniffed. She was freaked out, that for sure. ‘c-can you come over here?’ I thought. I had school but this class was boring though and Ashlee and Michael are way more important than this stupid history thing.

‘yeah, I’m on my way’ I hung up and quickly packed my stuff. Oh my god, what happened? They are in hospital? Why?! Hanna was too confused to talk so I guess I’ll hear it when I’m there.

I stood up and practically run to the door

‘Where’re you going to?’ Steph, who sat close to the door, asked

‘I need to go to …’ Shit, I don’t have time to explain ‘…Tell him I had to go to the doctor. I’ll explain later’

‘What? Wait!’

Sorry Steph but I really have to go. I turned around, ready to walk away but...

‘Miss Jenkins!’ Suddenly Mr. Walker was standing in front of me. Because I had turned around so abruptly, I ran into him and now his papers were all over the floor.

‘I’m so sorry Mr. Walker’ I had no time to help him pick up the papers so I said sorry again and ran away.

 ‘Where are you going?!’ he said angrily. ‘You better stay Miss Jenkins! You’re in trouble if you leave!’ he yelled when I kept running away.

Yeah, I really don’t care right now. I run towards the exit. Then I realized that I couldn’t come there by myself because my dad brought me to school this morning.

‘Shit, what do I do now’ I mumbled nervous while I looked around me.

Ryan! I quickly grabbed my phone and texted him “meet me outside now. Be quick xo”

I pressed send and waited for him outside. ‘Ry..please hurry..’ I mumbled.

Fortunately he came soon ‘Do you have your car keys?’

He felt his pocket ‘Eh yeah, why?’

‘Okay, come on’ I pulled his arm

‘Wow wow, what’s up?’

‘Let’s go to Saint Fields’

‘The hospital?’ he asked confused

I nodded impatient

‘Spence, why…’

‘I’ll explain later, let’s go Ry’ I cut him off.