3 million tears, 1 life to save (Ch. 8)

Happy valentine's day! :)

----

Justin's p.o.v.

The next day I spent in the hospital too. Ash still didn’t wake up. Hanna and Michael came by later in the morning. Michael still had a little headache and he said the cast around his arm was annoying and itchy. But beside that I think he is doing pretty good. Doctor Hayes said the headache would fade away after a few days if he just takes enough rest. After school Spencer, Ryan and Valerie came too. We ate together even though I wasn’t hungry at all, which was weird cause I barley had eaten anything that day. But for one time my head wasn’t with food, my head was with Ashlee. Her being in this hospital, in this condition, is killing me.

‘Justin?  Justin!’

‘S-sorry what?’ Ry and Spence looked at me

‘We’re going home’

‘Oh. Okay’ I nodded and we stood up

‘Is that fine with you?’

‘Yeah yeah, that’s fine. I was just…’ I looked down ‘I’m just…worried’

‘Yeah me too. I mean if she doesn’t wake up soon… And she hit her head and now she’s in coma and who knows what happen and then she has that scratches on her face and arm…’ Spence was talking so fast, she didn’t even make correct sentences.

‘…And what if she won’t do the operation. Or what if the operation goes wrong or maybe some surgery won’t even help. Or m…’ she stopped talking as she saw Ryan looking at her.

He sighed and rose one eyebrow ‘Spence, this is not helping’

‘Oh’ was her answer. She looked glum and embarrassed at the same time.

I couldn’t help but chuckle and Ryan did the same. First she looked confused at us but then she chuckled too.

‘I’m sorry. What I wanted to say was that I know Ash is gonna be okay’ she smiled and hugged me.

‘Yeah’ I smiled too ‘I know’

We said bye and they left. I went back to Ashlee and sat down on the chair next to her bed, the chair where I'd been sitting in the past 2 days. He's my new friend.

‘Oh, this hospital food is horrible’ I said groaning ‘Our brownies are way better. You’ve to wake up so we can make some’ I smirked at the thought; Sometimes we make our special delicious brownies. We always eat way too much of them and end up lying on the couch all night, moaning because of feeling sick and trying not to throw up.

‘You’re dad’s doing pretty good. Hanna said he’d slept all day and he woke up twice to eat. And the fact he wants to eat is good’

‘And Spence and Ry miss you. Everyone’s missing you. Me too, even now you’re lying in front of me.’ I stopped talking as a nurse came in.

She looked at me and smiled ‘Ah, Dr. Hayes told me you would be in here. You’re watching her right?’ she said quietly. I nodded and smiled back.

‘I forgot my papers’ she looked around ‘Oh there they are’ she picked them up from the table as she asked ‘So how’s she doing?’

‘Eh… fine I guess’

She looked at the monitor behind me where you could see her pulse on, then she looked at her papers and then at Ashlee ‘Yeah she just needs rest, then she’ll wake up. And if she does you should look for a doctor or a nurse okay?’