16

As we are running towards the circle, I see a jump tower from the corner of my eye.

"Hey, let's use that jump tower!" Elliot states as he runs towards it.

I nod my head following him.

"Go first," Elliot pauses and pings a place inside the circle. "I'll be right behind you."

I grab onto the zip line and it sends me flying up into the air.

I close my eyes because I don't want to look at the ground that's far below me.

Once I reach the top I let go of the zip line and jet back the rest of the way into the circle.

I land on a building near Elliots ping and he lands next to me.

The building that we landed on has windows on top of the roof so I quickly look inside of it.

I see someone slowly creeping their way towards a door.

"I see someone in there, they probably heard us landing. Be ready for a fight."

Elliot sends a decoy out towards the front door and makes him crouch in front of it.

I see another person running up a hill towards the building and I pull out my gun.

Since we have high ground, I quickly shoot at the person.

All of my shots miss.

Elliot takes a few shots and some of them connect with the enemy.

They fall to the floor attempting to crawl into cover.

I shoot them once more in the head and they fall to the floor, lifeless.

"I'm sorry." I state and I reload my gun.

"There's another squad coming up behind us, we should probably get moving." Elliot says.

"Where to?"

I pull up my mini map and I see a new yellow mark on the map.

"I think Loba wants to meet over there."

I shake my head no.

"No, we're not meeting up with the sneaky little snake-," I start.

"Givin em the chimney!" I hear a familiar voice say.

A smoke grenade lands right in front of us and my eyes widen as my vision gets blocked.

"Elliot?" I call out though the smoke.

I let out a cough as I call for Elliot again.

Taking a step forward I realize that there isn't ant roof left in front of me.

I let out a yelp and I fall off the roof.

"Gah!" I shout in pain as I hit my rib against a railing below me.

I clutch my side as I attempt to get off the floor.

Everything is blurry and I can hear the mixture of my heartbeat and a ringing coming from my ear.

Once I'm back to my senses, I can hear the gunshots and grenades all around me.

I decide that it's best to crawl into a corner until the fighting's over.

"Y/n!" I hear Elliot yell. "Y/n!?"

Elliot runs past me but then quickly turns around once he realizes that I'm in the corner.

"C-come on baby, we've gotta go!" Elliot states frantically as he helps me to my feet.

I get up with a painful groan and Elliot picks me up.

"Hang on, I'm gonna get us out of here."

Elliot sends a decoy to our left and one to our right.

The decoy the our left gets shot at so Elliot takes this as a change to run to the right.

Elliot continues to run towards a new area inside of the circle.

He runs inside of a building and places me down onto the floor.

"Are you okay?" Elliot asked out of breathe.

"What- what happened back there?" He asked in between pants.

"Some type of smoke appeared and I fell off the building and hit my side on a railing." I state as I pull my shirt off.

I look down at my stomach and I can already see a bruise forming there.

Elliot winces as he looks at the bruise.

"That doesn't look too good..." he states with a frown.

He reaches into his backpack and grabs a tube.

"I found this while we were separated. It's some type of medicine to heal wounds quicker." Elliot opens the tube and squeezes its contents onto my bruise.

I wince as he touches it but then after a few minutes, the medicine kicks in and it starts to feel better.

"Thanks babe, I feel ten times better!" I smile and peck Elliot softly on his lips.

"No problem,"

I place my shirt back on my body and stand up.

A nearby door opens and I can hear feet coming closer to us.

"Damn, what now?" I asked in a low whisper. "We just can't catch a break!"

————

Comment

Vote

Share

Repeat!