18

"There's only nine squads left!" Loba states as she loots a body she just finished off.

I pickup some light ammo from another person I just killed and I nod my head.

"Good, I think we should head to the circle at the last second so we can ensure that nobody is behind us." I state as I toss a grenade to Elliot.

He easily catches it and places it on his belt.

"Cool, we're closer to getting home now." Elliot says.

He walks over to me and places a kiss on my forehead.

————

The next few hours are filled with nothing but sleeping, talking, and just sitting around in a house.

Since there's only nine squads left, we decided to lay low and let the other teams fight it out.

Loba is asleep below the stairs and Elliot is sleeping under a window.

I'm keeping watch.

I hear a door creek open and I grab my gun.

As I sneak into a nearby corner, I send some fake loot a few feet in front of me so that the person doesn't have a chance to strike me.

I can hear there feet making their way towards the loot but they come to a halt and I hear a thud.

I peek around the corner and my eyes widen.

On the floor in front of me is a bloody, and passed out Anita.

"Oh my goodness!" I state as I lean down to look at her.

"A-Anita!" I say again, shaking her body lightly.

No response.

I run over to Elliot and I shake him awake.

"A-Anita is passed out- she she's on the floor over here!"

Elliot quickly nods and walks over to Anita.

He puts Anita on her back and loosens up and belts that's she is wearing just in case she fainted from the loss of blood circulation or something.

After that, he begins to perform CPR on her.

After a couple of minutes Anitas eyes flutter open.

She pushes Elliot off of her and he falls back onto the floor behind him.

"A thank you would be greatly appreciated!" Elliot states with a scoff.

"What happened to you?" I asked as I help Anita to her feet.

She stands up with a groan and sighs.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Elliot holding a hand out towards me but before I can grab it he mumbles something about me not caring about him and gets up himself.

"We got ambushed, my whole team got killed right in front of me!" Anita says as she places a hand on the crook of her nose, rubbing the area slightly.

"Damn, your squad was so young..." I trail off.

"I know, bunch of rookies though. I told them to stay behind me but they thought their abilities would keep them safe." She pauses and shakes her head. "They were wrong."

There is a slight pause before Anita speaks again.

"It just happened so fast. This chick with a machine gun and a wall we couldn't shoot through to save our life showed up and killed them both.

"So now you're all alone." Elliot replies as he crosses his arms in front of his chest.

"You're welcome to stay with us if you want Anita."

"Yeah," Elliot nods as he walks to Anita placing an arm around her neck.

She glares at him and shakes his arm off of her.

"Mirage, when are you going to learn to keep your hands to yourself?" Anita asked.

"Never." Elliot glances at me and winks. "Huh Y/n, I can't keep my hands to myself!"

I shake my head in disappointment and look away to hide my now red cheeks.

"Shut up, Witt!"

————