"We're not going to get cake again? Are we?" Adonis teased.

"Now that you mention it." Ember said making him chuckle, "Not this time. Make a left and then one more right."

Adonis followed her instructions. They were parked near a trail.

"Have you ever walked this trail before?" Ember asked.

"Nah, I didn't even know this was here." Adonis said as they climbed out.

"It's not long, come on." Ember pulled his hand, leading him up the trail. "I don't come here alone. I walk this trail with my mom, a lot. We haven't been here in a while though because she's been busy."

Adonis only nodded as he quietly followed her. He allowed her to lead the way. They stopped at the end of the path. They were standing over a waterfall. He felt Ember wrap his arms around his torso. Looking down at her, he smiled.

"Not many people know about here." Ember said.

"You sure this is legal?" Adonis asked.

"Yeah, there's a sign back there. Just no littering but people obviously don't listen." Ember said as her eyes landed on trash that was inside of the water.

Adonis took a seat on the grass, pulling Ember down into his lap, "Well, this is our spot now."

"Wait, I almost forgot." Ember climbed to her feet and jogged back down the path. She later returned with the bag that she had retrieved from her locker. Placing it down in front of Adonis, she giggled at the confused look that he gave her.

"What's the occasion?" Adonis asked hoping that he didn't miss anything.

"I just saw them and I thought of you. Open it." Ember was anxious to see the look on his face. He'd given her something special so she wanted to return the favor. She sat beside him, as she watched him open the box.

Once he got it open, Adonis couldn't help the smile that formed across his face. Inside of the box, there were boxing gloves and not just regular gloves. They were custom made. The gloves were black, with the words Everlast written across the middle of both gloves. Not too far down from Everlast, his last name was engraved on each glove in cursive.

They were much better than his old ones that his father gave him. He kept those around because they were passed down from his grandfather. Although they were still good, it was time for some new ones.

"Do you like them?" Ember asked, excitement in her voice. She was more excited than Adonis about the gloves.

Adonis chuckled, "Come here, you never fail to surprise me, Em. I love them, thanks ma."

Adonis pulled her back on his lap and pressed his lips against hers, softly kissing her. Every relationship that he's been in, he was always the one spoiling his girl and they expected it. If he didn't, he always got some shit for it. Besides his mother, and little sister it's one of the first gifts he's received from any other female.

Ember pulled away, although the gift made him smile, she could still feel his unhappiness. She placed the palm of her hands on each side of his face and stared into his eyes, "Adonis, talk to me, please."

"I think it's best if I don't say anything, Em. My family wants to handle this privately." Adonis tells her. He wanted to tell her but, he didn't know how. Adonis also didn't want to give off negative energy but he could not stop thinking about everything.