01: The unexpected

Start from the beginning

Jungkook smiled and interrupted him, "OK, thank you!"

"That boy..."

Jungkook skated down to the park. It was a few minutes from his house. He knew where the park was because it was a hangout spot for him and his friends. Everyone in the grade to be honest. The park belonged to Heeyoung's father. That's the reason why they used to hang out there a lot.

Jungkook arrives at the entrance of the park. He sees his friends laughing, playing games, and having fun. Jungkook felt jealous and nervous. He's been missing out on this.

Jungkook put his skateboard back down and skated to where his friends were. Heeyoung was the first one to notice him.

"Jungkook?"

Everyone turned to look at him. Jungkook stared at his friends and they stared at him back. No one said anything.

"Uh...Hello?..." Jungkook greeted awkwardly. Jungkook noticed Songmin here too. "Songmin you're here too?"

"Yeah Brother. I just got here."

Jungkook went to slap his hand, then everybody came in to do the same. The girls were whispering about Jungkook. Heeyoung's friends were teasing her. Heeyoung blushed, begging her friends to stop. Jungkook glanced at Heeyoung and smiled at her. Heeyoung became sweating causing her friends to tease her more.

"Kook, How come you come out now?" Songmin asked.

"I don't know. I saw Heeyoung's post on Instagram and decided to come." Jungkook answered looking over at her then at the green grass. Both of the boys were sitting down at picnic tables. Jungkook swings his legs back and forth then looks at the trees and the light down the path in front of him.

"Hey Kook, I Heeyoung is looking at you...again," Whispers Songmin pointing his head to Heeyoung. Jungkook looks to see her and she quickly looks down like nothing.

"I think she likes you."

"Hmm..."

"Do you like her?"

"Not really," said Jungkook looking back at Songmin.

Jungkook felt someone coming towards them. Both of them turned around and saw Heeyoung and her friend. "you guys want something to eat?" Asked Heeyoung nervously. Jungkook shook his head and Songmin answered with a "No"

"Jungkook where were you the whole summer?" Heeyoung's friend asked.

"Just home," Jungkook nodded, "Away from danger...I guess..."

Heeyoung's friend wants to change the subject and wants to talk about Heeyoung. Luckily, Heeyoung talked before her. "So, You guys are excited for High school?"

"I guess so," Songmin answered. Jungkook just nodded. "Jungkook you're really quiet now?" Mentioned Heeyoung. Jungkook just looked down.

"Yeah, as quiet as that school, Euphoria Academy. They are so weird," Heeyoung's friend rolled her eyes.

"Going there would be a dream. People are so lucky to go there," Heeyoung said. "Keep dreaming. That school won't choose any of us. You just have to be special," Said Songmin.

Euphoria Academy...

A loud thud was heard. Everyone looks over to see what happened. A girl fell from her Skateboard she looked hurt. Jungkook was worried. Everyone laughed. Heeyoung even giggled a little.

"L–Look," Songmin couldn't talk because of his laughter, "She's going to cry like a baby! Come on Kook–"

"No."

"What?"

"I said No. Now leave her alone," Jungkook said sharply, snatching his arm from Songmin's grip. Everyone quiets down in shock. Even the girl who fell. This wasn't Jungkook's usual behavior.

"What do you mean no?" Songmin glared at Jungkook. "This was your Idea. You hate her," Songmin pointed to her.

"I thought you hated Arin. Isn't she your greatest enemy?" Said Songmin. Jungkook looked at her in guilt. "Not anymore. Grow up Songmin," Said Jungkook coldly.

"Fine, if you're not going to do it, then I'll do it." Smirked Songmin and walked dumbly towards Arin. Arin's expression changed into a scared one. Jungkook walked behind Songmin trying to stop him. Songmin hits Arin's nose with his knee making her bleed.

Jungkook gets triggered and pushes Songmin. Jungkook helps Arin to get up. "Are you okay," Jungkook asked her in worry. Arin nods looking at her bloody hand.

Songmin unexpectedly punches Jungkook, making everybody gasp. Jungkook has a bruise on his left cheekbone now. Anger fills in his blood. Jungkook starts to breathe heavily. The air became cold and the skies became dark. The wind started blowing rapidly making everyone scared. A red color takes over Jungkook's eyes. A shadow builds up behind him.

Jungkook stood up. His head was down and his eyes were wide open. Both Arin and Songmin were scared. Everyone else decided to leave Heeyoung. She stayed back and worried about Jungkook.

Jungkook reaches his hand out, along with the shadow following behind him. The shadow was larger and scarier. Songmin stepped back. Jungkook slowly lifts his head to face Songmin. He had bright red eyes. Blood started coming out from his eyes and nose. Ears and mouth. Jungkook was in pain.

GET ME OUT!, Jungkook screamed inside his body. He crept a smile on his face. Songmin stared at his brought red eyes staring back into his soul. Jungkook started mumbling as the shadow grabbed Songmin by the thought and started choking him. Arin gasped and didn't know what to do. Songmin started to beg for forgiveness.

She became more afraid of Jungkook as his mumbling got louder. "JUNGKOOK STOP YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" Arin yelled.

"JUNGKOOK STOP!" She yelled over and over. Arin got up and tried to touch Jungkook but he pushed her away. Arin gathered all her strength and pushed Jungkook. Jungkook didn't fall down but whatever was controlling him went away as Songmin got his last breath. Songmin survived. He quickly catches his breath and runs away before Jungkook can catch him again.

Everything went back to normal again. The wind calmed down and the skies went blue. Jungkook fainted and fell to the ground. Bloodstained his face. Arin crawled to him and checked his pulse.

"He's alive..."

Arin shook him gently to wake him up. He wouldn't wake up. Arin hesitated to call the police. She didn't know if she was supposed to tell anyone about what she just witnessed. Arin jumps as Jungkook coughs up blood on the grass.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" Arin asked. Jungkook looks at his surroundings. His vision was blurred. He looks at Arin and focuses on her face.

"W–What happened?..." Jungkook asked weakly.

"I don't know how to explain it. You just became a...a..." Arin tries to find a good word for it.

"...a monster..." Jungkook finishes. Arin looks up in shock.

Jungkook just remembered what happened. He remembered feeling trapped in his body. He remembered almost killing Songmin.

Jungkook looks at the blood. "I can't go home like this, I'll be in so much trouble," Says Jungkook. "I can help. I know a river where you can clean yourself up," Says Arin. Jungkook thinks about it. "Uh...sure," Says Jungkook. Arin helps Jungkook to stand up and both leave with their skateboards.

Heeyoung also witnessed the whole thing and watched as both of them left together. She glared at Arin. She wanted to know why Jungkook was nice to her all of a sudden. Heeyoung also felt a bit afraid of Jungkook. It was just so...unexpected.

A/n: hehehe Welcome to Euphoria Academy.