Chapter 11- Hot as Hell

Chapter 11

Lizzy's P.O.V

I fumble for my phone and search for her number. It rings four times before I hear her small voice.

"Hello?" She says when she answers the phone.

"Hey Jenny." I reply.

"Lizzy? Hi! What's up girl?" She asks eagerly.

"Well you're the one who wanted to know what happened with the guys after ice-skating." I say. "Unless you've had a change of heart?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that with everything else that happened today. I just got home now, after Jace dropped me off back home. So tell me, what happened." Jenny says.

"Well..." And I tell her everything from when I found out Charles became friends with me by following Jason's orders all the way to Jason apologizing to me in Starbucks earlier today.

"So you're telling me this Patty girl came out of nowhere and then basically jumped Jace and he dumped her after he had his little fun?" She questions, sounding surprised.

"Yup." I say, popping the 'p'.

"And he apologized to you? You do know what this means right?" She asks. This makes me wonder whether every little thing has to mean something to Jenny.

"What are you talking about now?" I ask, feeling kind of impatient.

"Jace is starting to like you..." She says in a teasing voice.

"I swear Jennifer Walker, you have got to stop making stuff up! And how on earth does him apologizing to me mean he likes me?" I ask in disbelief. Honestly, why did the first person I make friends with have to be a lunatic? "Anyway, why would anyone like me. Even the thought revolts me."

"I'm not even joking Lizzy. He obviously cares about what you think of him if he's going to apologize for carrying out an action that doesn't concern you! There seems to be a two way crush, if I may say. I can tell you have a thing for him as well. I'm just voicing what I've witnessed myself." She says, trying to convince me.

I think back to the way he is always there. He even let me stay at his house. I remember his reaction when he touched my stomach to bandage it. Oh and when I woke up to him practically on top of me. But in truth, if I really think about it, it doesn't mean anything. We are friends and that's what friends do right?

"Jenny. It's not like that between us. If I'm being honest, yes. I do think he's attractive. And well, I guess it's just infatuation between us. I mean, he is hot. Like eyeball melting hot. But we are friends and will never see each other that way. I can't believe I'm having this convocation with you! " I sigh. Wow. I just confessed I feel an infatuation towards Jace. But I'm not going to lie because he is really good looking. It's not even a big deal though, admitting he is good looking.

"Deniiiiiaal..." Jenny mocks, "It's the first sign." I can almost feel the grin on her face, emitting through my phone.

"You read too many romance novels." I murmur.

"Anyways. When are you going to find out the boys' method of keeping control of your anger?" Jenny asks.

I sigh and take out the note from the card slit embedding into my phone case.

Don't let your anger control and take over you completely.
Jace

That's the note he gave to me four days ago. The same boy who thinks he can solve the anger and pain that I've 'bottled up and kept to myself for so long'. It makes me wonder what he is up to and what the real reason is that he wants to help me.