Aryamann : Uncle, aap tension mat lijiye. Nandini ko kuch nahi hoga. 

He tried to dispel Chacha's fears. But would that put a father's trepidation to rest? Nandini may not be his biological daughter but he loved her in a way he would have loved his own. With a tired expression on his face, he sighed heavily. Without saying a word, he got up from the chair and walked towards the door of Nandini's room. His heart was in his mouth while he twisted the doorknob. But nothing could have ever prepared him for the sight that awaited him. 

The beeping of machines filled the air in the room. His heart bled at the sight of Nandini aided by all kinds of needles and machines for each breath. With slumped shoulders and hesitant steps, he dragged his feet towards Nandini's bed. He plopped himself on the stool next to the bed. A weary look etched on his features, seeing Nandini's frail body. His hand trembled as he stroked her bandaged head. He may act like he is the strongest in front of others but how long could he keep up the façade? A teardrop escaped his eye as he helplessly watched his daughter lying unconscious on the hospital bed. At that moment, he made a promise to himself. A promise that held the power to upturn his beloved daughter's life. 

Chacha : Jo insaan teri iss halat ka zimmedaar hai, usse mei tere aas paas bhi nahi bhatakne dunga. Yeh tere Chacha ka wada hai tujhse. 

His voice held conviction. With one last glance at Nandini, he walked out of the room. 

In the parking lot

Chachi kept rubbing Manik's back to ease some of his sorrow. As Manik's sobs subsided, he got out of Chachi's embrace. He wiped off his remaining tears with the back of his hand. 

Chachi : Ab thoda behtar lag raha hai? 

She asked, concern dripping from her voice. Manik slightly nodded his head. He got up to his feet and helped Chachi up too. He looked for a bench nearby and signalled Chachi to follow him there. Chachi blinked her eyes in response. 

They both sat on the bench. Manik stared at his hands as he fidgeted with them, not sure where he should start from. Chachi sensed his inner tumult. She kept a hand on his. He looked up at her.

Chachi : Shuru se batao kya hua tha. 

She passed him a small smile. He smiled meekly, grateful to have someone show so much trust in him and someone who loved him unconditionally besides Nandini. Taking a deep breath, he started to narrate how his friends and him harassed Nandini, how he had started to develop feelings for her, how he broke her heart because Dhruv liked her, how because of Nandini they all had a change of heart, how Nandini and him got back together, how he got to know about her tumor and found out a way to save her, what happened on his birthday, how he met Abhimanyu and concluded with the incidents of morning that had led them to the hospital. Chachi listened to each and every word patiently. 

Chachi : Tumne andar kyu kuch nahi kaha Manik?

She still didn't understand why Manik had stayed mum when the reality was completely the opposite. She knew Manik wasn't one of those who kept quiet when someone was being wronged. 

Manik : Kyunki mere paas apni begunahi ka koi sabut nahi tha. Aur Chacha puri tarah se galat bhi toh nahi the. Unhone jo kuch bhi kaha, woh sab sach hi toh tha. Maine Nandini ka dil toda, usse dukh pahuchaya. Aaj Nandini hospital mei bhi sirf aur sirf meri wajah se hi toh hai. 

His body drooped as he lamented. Chachi's heart hurt at his plight but she wouldn't let him blame himself for something he's not responsible for. 

Chachi : Nahi Manik. Ismei tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Tum Nandini ki iss halat ke zimmedar nahi ho. Agar tum nahi hote toh shayad Nandini aaj..

She trailed off. She didn't want to think what would have happened if Manik didn't get one of the best doctors for her on time. She composed herself and looked straight into his eyes.