7- Midnight Practices

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the-

Why did I do that? It just slipped out. "Call me Katsuki."  The moment replayed and replayed in my mind, echoing throughout my brain.

It had been a while since my first lesson now. I could play all the scales, Ode to Joy, and more. I was brushing up on the Brahms' Blue Danube.

As I lie awake at night in the UA dorms, I felt a sudden night-urge to go practice piano. I don't know why at night....it just happened. I scanned my pitch-black room, and found my piano binder on my chair. I crossed the room and picked it up, and walked out. I checked the clock. It was 12 am, exactly.

Down the hall, it was so silent you could hear a pin drop. I looked out the large windows at the night sky and the landscaping of UA. Down in the lobby, there was a baby grand piano. I crossed the room and sat down at the bench, simultaneously putting my binder on the ledge.

I placed my fingers on the keys, and opened the book to page 124. There was the long composition of Johannes Brahms. I began to play.

Hmm hmm hmm hmm...hm hm, hm hm, hmmm hmm hmm hmm hmm...hm hm, hm hm, hmmhmmmhmmm hm hm hmm...the piano echoed the keys I pressed down. I played at bit softly, as the piece directs, and so the others wouldn't see me like this. Playing piano vulnerably. 

Because, you see, piano was where I could pour my anger, or sadness, or happiness into a song. There was a song for every emotion, every feeling. It was where I felt truly relaxed and felt like.....well...felt like I belonged somewhere. Belonged as a pianist. 

It felt good to say that. Belonged as a pianist. Because that's what I am. A pianist. And I truly love it.

I finally finished the piece on the dramatic note. 

Clap. Clapclapclapclapclap..applause filled the air?!?

I spun around to see my whole fucking class there, applauding! Shitty Hair was standing with a happy smirk on his face. Sparky was leaning across a chair, smiling. Ponytail looked serious, but was clapping the loudest. Tape Arms was looking very content. So was the others.

"Bakugo-san," Uraraka was the first to speak. "That was....beautiful...."  She exhaled, I could see the little tears in her eyes.

"Kacchan." Deku spoke. "That was so beautiful!!!" He burst into tears, like some fucking crybaby.

"Oi, Deku, stop crying ya' little waterworks bastard!!" I yelled. "S-sorry, Kacchan..." He wiped his tears, surprised.

"Everyone, stop clapping, it was nothing, go fucking back to bed..." I grumbled, grabbing my book and running to my dorm.

"Bakugo!!" Everyone called. But I had already gotten into bed, and closed my eyes to go to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV:

The whole class just stared at each other in bewilderment. "When did Bakugo-san learn to do that?" "He's so good at it!!" "Maybe he wants to become a pianist."

"I know when." Momo's cool voice cut through the chaos. They turned to her.

"When my piano teacher, Y/n L/n, a musical prodigy the same age as us, was teaching me, she mentioned she had a student that was in Class 1-A as well. Bakugo-san. I had nothing to think of it, nor was it my business, but that's how I knew." She finished, looking away.

"So Y/n L/n, huh? Musical prodigy, age 16 as well?" Shoto asked.

"Yeah, I guess so." Denki said.

"Everyone, back to bed. Bakugo's music was stunning, but we need our rest!!" Iida, the class rep, commanded. Everyone shuffled back to bed. Except one couldn't fall asleep. Katsuki Bakugo.