practicing

"Katsuki, go play piano. Y/n said to practice." My old hag screeched at me from the living room.

"Fine!" I yelled back, throwing my remote controller onto the floor. I trudged over to the new piano that we bought yesterday via Y/n's office, which happened to be a piano store as well.

I let my fingers run over the glossy ivory keys. I took out my piano binder and set it down on the tiny ledge. Sitting down at the maroon bench, I took a deep breath, placing my fingers at middle C.

I tried to play the C scale, messing it up at A. "SHIT!  How does L/n do this fuckery?!" I yelped in frustration.

I exhaled, and tried to move onto the D scale. Sure enough, my dumbass couldn't do it.

"AAAGH, MOTHERFUCKER!!!"  I screeched, storming out of the room, slamming the lid back down.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

My head hit the pillow at 8:32 pm exactly, as it did every night. To be number one you need rest, of course. Anyone that makes fun of me for going to bed that early could shut the fuck up and get blasted across the room.

Except tonight I couldn't drift off to sleep as easily. My mind kept going back to the piano. I excelled at everything I did, so why wasn't this as fucking easy? 

Katsuki... I pictured Y/n saying. How were your scales this week?

I contemplated forcing myself to sleep. For whatever reason, that made me feel uncomfortable. Not bringing any new progress to Y/n this week, letting her down.

For whatever reason, my body went downstairs of it's own accord and sat itself down at the piano. The hell-?

"Katsuki?" Old Hag asked. I ignored her and began the C scale.

5 minutes later, I had completed all of them without an interruption. "Take that, bastard piano!!" I closed the lid with relish.

"K-katsuki..." a voice choked out. I turned around to see my old hag standing in the doorway, hand to her mouth in awe. "That was beautiful!"

"Oi, shut the hell up, it wasn't even that good." I grumbled.

"But you've made so much improvement!" She smiled, walking over and ruffling my hair. I felt extremely violated of personal space, and pushed her hand off my head. "Thanks to Y/n!"

That hit a fucking nerve. "And it's also my fucking hard work as well!" I snapped.

"Oh. Of course it is!! I just meant Y/n's guidance has really helped you. I think... she has been a positive influence." Old Hag elaborated.

"Whatever." I groused. "I'm going to sleep.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚