Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Eleanor’s POV

I had been waiting at Nicky’s for ten minutes. He wasn’t late; it was just that I was antsy and nervous. The first five minutes I was pacing back and forth between the door and the mirror, making sure I looked good just in case he randomly strolled in through the door. It wasn’t likely, but I figured I should be ready for anything. The next five minutes I spent sitting in one of the couches in Nicky’s cousin’s flat, tapping the pumps Lindsay had given me for the date against the wood floor. I glanced at the clock for the fifth time that minute.

“El!” Nicky exploded, standing up and throwing her hands up in the air. She sure could be dramatic. “Would you quit that tapping please?” She rolled her eyes and sunk back into the couch again.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, looking down at my dress and playing with the fabric.

“What are you so nervous about?” Lindsay said. “He’s the one who has to impress you.” She winked at me.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling. Lindsay was right. I had already caught his eye, and now it was his turn to make me go for him. Even though I was already falling for him far too fast for my own good. Nicky stood up and gasped, pointing out the front window. Lindsay shook her head in admiration, and told me I was lucky.

“What?” I say, scrambling up to look out the window. “Damn,” I muttered. Louis was coming in his limo. Not the medium sized one I had ridden in when I first arrived, but a huge, long one. I wasn’t even sure if it could make it around a corner. But, somehow, the large car managed to make it around the turn and stop in front of the apartment building.

“Ooooh!!” Nicky squealed, poking my shoulder.”He dressed up fancy for you.” I watched as he stepped out of the car. “And he brought you roses!” Nicky said, sighing at the same time Lindsay did. I didn’t really focus on them though. I was too busy trying not to accidentally drool because Louis looked so good.

He was wearing a white collared shirt, black pants, and a black tie to match. I know that sounds really simple, but somehow he made it look elegant. The loose collared shirt outlined his toned arms, the pants fit him quite well, and the tie just added to his cuteness. But what really stopped me, where the roses. He was holding them to his chest gently, and he seemed to be checking them often as he made his way up the sidewalk. They were beautiful red roses, freshly picked, and they matched my dress. I watched his face as he continued down the walkway. He looked about as nervous as I felt, but his blue-green eyes were lit up with excitement. I knew tonight wasn’t going to be boring. After all, I was with Lou, wasn’t I?

“You are totally going to fall in love and get married,” Nicky gushed, turning towards me as soon as Louis had gone out of sight. I craned my neck to find him again, but Nicky just rolled her eyes and pushed me back. “Last minute check up!” She exclaimed. I gratefully smiled and closed my eyes, waiting for Nicky and Lindsay to give me the all clear.

“You look perfect!” Lindsay said, pushing me towards the door. She handed me my black clutch, fully equipped with whatever I might need. “Now, I put my number in on your phone. If you need anything last minute, don’t hesitate.” She smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

“Thank you so much Lindsay,” I said, hugging her back.

“No problem,” She fixed my dress strap and made me face the door just as the doorbell rang. “Go get him, tiger,” She whispered into my ear. I smiled, blushed, and opened the door.

Louis POV

Not a full minute after I rang the doorbell, the door opened. Eleanor was there with Nicky and another girl murmuring in the background. I looked straight at Eleanor, and I forgot how to speak. She was beautiful, with her hair pulled half back away from her pretty face, making you notice her natural beauty. Her eyes were outlined in black, making the hazel tint light up even brighter. She had a small blush creeping into her cheeks, which was defined by her gorgeous smile. Eleanor was wearing a beautiful red dress, ten times more flattering than what Nicky had said. I realized I was staring and moved my eyes back to her waiting hazel eyes.

“You look beautiful,” I said. I mentally slapped myself. That was the best I could do? Eleanor looked more than just beautiful. But honestly, I didn’t think any words in my vocabulary could suffice at this moment. El blushed as her smile grew more pronounced on her face.

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” She said, grinning, poking my stomach playfully. I smiled. This was why I liked her so much. Most girls would just say thank you and look down. Eleanor made sure to give me a compliment back. I saw her eyes glance down to the flowers I was clutching for dear life, and then quickly meet mine again.

“Er, these are for you,” I say, gently handing her the red roses. Eleanor smiled even broader as she brought the flowers to her nose to smell them.

“Thank you,” She said warmly, staring up into my eyes.

“After you,” I say, grinning. I held out my right hand for her to take, making a joke out of it and bowing. She giggled and held on, shutting the door behind her as we walked down to the limo.

 “You know Lou, that’s the biggest limo I’ve ever seen.” I looked down to see Eleanor gawking at the long black car waiting for us on the street.

“Really? You should see Zayn’s. Huge,” I said as I opened the door for her and sat down across from her.

“Let me guess….. It’s filled with mirrors and pillows?” She smiled mischievously. I chuckled, shaking my head. The Bradford boy did love looking at himself and sleeping, though not at the same time. “So…..” El trailed off, looking out the window and biting her lip.

“So….?” I repeated, curious at what she was getting at.

“Do you think you could maybe tell me where we’re going?” She said, looking at me and pleading with her eyes. Damn, she was good at that. I almost caved and told her the entire plan.

“No way!” Her eyes dimmed a bit but she smiled and raised an eyebrow. “It has to be a surprise, love,” I said, winking.

_______________________________________________________________________

Alright guys. I think I've stretched out this date thing as long as I can. The next chapter will be the date, I promise.

If you guys could go check out another story that me and my friend Fay are writing, that would be GREAT. If you can't find it, it's called: Zayn Malik's Secret Sister. Or, to make it that much easier, here's the link:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3209390-zayn-malik%27s-secret-sister

Thank you all soo much for everything!!