Chapter 50

Eleanor's POV

Today's the day.

My wedding day.

The morning was filled with people frantically attacking me with beauty products and trying to prepare me for the day that I was supposed to remember for the rest of my life. I might've been more excited by all the rush going on around me but nobody thought to bring the bride any coffee and I was really wanting to crawl back into bed with Lou and sleep for another seven hours.

"Is it really necessary to touch up my eye shadow for the fifth time?" I grouched, leaning away from Lou Tisdale as she came near me with a brush.

"You have to look perfect," she insisted, holding my face still and swiping some more color onto my eyelids. "I mean, more perfect than you normally look." I rolled my eyes as she winked at me, slumping down the second she let go of my face. 

"Warning, man entering, please everyone be decent or be hot naked," Harry called from the doorway, walking in with his hand over his eyes.

"Morning Hazza," I greeted sleepily. 

"Morning, Elly Belly," He winked at me as he pulled Lou in for a quick hug. "So Louis would not shut up about how desperately you needed your morning coffee to function, and insisted I bring it to you. So here's a mocha something or other, courtesy of your husband." 

"Thank you!" I praised, giving him a side hug and snatching the coffee out of his hand. I couldn't hide the grin on my face, but it wasn't because of the coffee. I loved the idea of recognizing Louis as my husband. It made me feel warm and gooey inside.

"Well, drink up and get perky," Harry suggested, poking a curler in my hair. "The ceremony is set to start in about twenty minutes. And you don't want to be late."

"A bride is never late," I said, sitting up straight and pretending to be regal. "Everyone else is simply early."

"You stole that off the Princess Diaries," Harry accused, wagging a finger at me.

"How do you know that?" I giggled, raising an eyebrow.

"On rare occasions I like chick-flicks. Do not breathe a word of that to anyone. Now hurry. Get pretty and get married and then we can get partying." He hugged us all goodbye and hurried out of the tent, probably to rush to Louis side. I wondered if he was having any second thoughts.

"Chug that mocha something like your life depends on it girly," Lou instructed as she curled my hair. "We need to get you in your dress soon."

"It still doesn't seem real," I murmured, sipping on my coffee. 

"I know sweetie," Lou smiled, moving my curls so she could begin twisting them into an elaborate up-do. "Are you nervous?"

"A little," I admitted, staring at my drink. "But I want it more than anything."

"That's what matters. Besides, you've had six months to worry about it. Now you just get to enjoy it," She pinned the final strand of hair into a bun and framed my face with the strands she left hanging down. "There. Perfect."

"All thanks to you," I reached back and hugged her. "Really. Thank you so much Lou."

"No time to be mushy," She sniffled, offering me her hand as I stepped out of the chair. "Let's get you in that gorgeous dress."

It took some shimmying and awkward pulls to finally put the dress on. As Lou zipped me in, I turned to stare at my reflection in the mirror. My dress was mainly made out of lace, with the delicate fabric covering my arms and most of my back. The fabric fit well against my torso and flared out a little towards the lower half of the dress. Lou tucked a headband that had my veil attached into my curly up-do and gently pulled the veil in front of my face.