Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Eleanor’s POV

Things had been pretty crazy around the flat ever since I had gotten back. The place had become very messy, especially because I couldn’t clean up my own messes. Harry had been texting and calling some girl that he had recently met, nonstop. I couldn’t get any details on this girl, but I was doing my best to sneak around. Which is kind of impossible considering I’m stuck in a foot brace/boot. But the thing that really made this week crazy was Louis.

I’d been pretty sure he liked me. Maybe just a little crush or something hardly significant, but still something. But lately, I wasn’t quite so sure. He hadn’t been interacting with me lately, making me feel kind of lonely. To be honest, the last time I talked to him was the day after I got home from the hospital. The day after Louis had shown me my surprise, the finished guest room. The day after that kiss. It was also 3 days ago. I was starting to feel like I had misread his signals or that he had just moved on. But it didn’t really fit with his actions. He would stare until I caught him, he would talk to Harry about me, and he would generally do nice things.

In the past three days, besides Louis’s moodiness, things have been a bit dramatic. My mom and dad had a bit of an argument. Let’s just say that my dad was at a hotel for a little while. I wasn’t too worried though, they fight a pretty decent amount. But they always stay together because they love each other. Sweet. But Nicky’s drama added onto that probably made my week a bit too dramatic for my liking. She decided instead of continuing to rent her flat back home, she was just going to move in with her cousin. Which meant that she wasn’t going to be in walking distance from my home. Or come back and stay with me and the boys. Or be in my work anymore. Or be my closest best friend. When she called to give me the news, I tried to act a bit excited. But only a bit.

“We can still call and text and skype! We’ll keep in touch, El, I swear,” She had said over the phone. I shook my head, not caring that she couldn’t see me.

“It just won’t be the same. But I’m happy for you,” I say, trying hard not to fight the urge that was telling me to try to convince her to just move in with me. I was dying to get out of my flat anyway, but it’s not like I had a cousin in London that could just lend me a room. But I couldn’t let Nicky know that, or she would just come back with me. And I couldn’t let her pass up a chance to live with her cousin. He was like her best guy friend in the world. I couldn’t do that to her.

Her phone call hadn’t lasted very long, only ten minutes. She wished me luck with the boys, and she wanted me to give her every detail on how Louis had been flirting. Just because of my luck, Lou walked in right after she said flirting. I had to give her an awkward excuse while Louis had just sat there and stared at me, looking a bit upset. After I hung up, he decided to be all silent. That was the day he sort of stopped talking to me. I just couldn’t understand it.

“Hey, El?” A voice called through my door, interrupting my daze. Woah there. Was that Louis? “El?”

“Ur, Yeah?” I say, mentally kicking myself. Really, El? Really? He opened the door and came into my room.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch with the boys,” He said, shoving his hands in his pockets and flipping his hair over his forehead. Man I loved it when he did that. But I couldn’t focus on him like that. I was trying hard to get him out of my head.

“Sure,” I respond, hoping I didn’t sound too eager. I had been dying to get out of the house. Even though my foot was still in a boot, I was excited about going out. It was a nice day, one of the warmest it’s been in a while. Jeans and a buttoned down sleeveless collared shirt sounded pretty good. So that’s what I threw on after my shower. I didn’t bother with any huge amount of makeup, just eyeliner, mascara, and some foundation. Leaving my hair to curl on its own, I walked out into the living room to check on the boys.

I wish I hadn’t.

Louis POV

I couldn’t believe Harry was mad at me. I know I had been a little rude to Eleanor the past few days, but that’s because I was getting something ready for her. I was trying to set up the perfect first date…. That is if she said yes. But Harry thought that my ignoring her was going to make her upset. I didn’t understand it though. It had been my idea to invite El to lunch with the boys, and to get her out of the flat. Yet Harry was still yelling at me and slamming me into the wall. He was talking about how he wanted me to date her, but I was acting like a jerk already. Well, that kind of ticked me off. Okay, I’ll be honest. That flat out pushed me over the edge.

I pushed against Harry who had been holding me against the living room wall, knocking him over onto the floor. Harry grabbed my wrist and pulled me down to the floor next to me, causing the wind to fly out of my stomach. He took the chance to straddle me. I started rocking back and forth, trying to get him off of me. That was when I heard a big boot making its way towards us, and I saw El hobbling out of her bedroom fast, trying to get to us to make us stop. Her eyes were screaming with anger and panic, but everything else about her looked beautiful, as always.

“What are you guys doing?!?” She yelled when she could finally get in position to rip Harry off of me. Once I felt the weight disappear from my chest, I stood up and faced her. She was furious. “You could have hurt each other!! Are you both okay?”

“Yes,” Harry said, nodding. I nodded too. Sure, I’d have a bruise or two on my back, but it wasn’t anything that was horrible.

“Why on earth were you two fighting? You guys are best mates!” Eleanor says a bit exasperated.

“It was nothing,” Harry and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and cracked grins. Eleanor rolled her eyes and sighed.

“You guys are mental,” She said, walking towards the door. This was going to be fun, I thought.