Chapter 11

After my mini breakdown, I went to apologize to Kyle for the way I spoke about their dead Mom. 
"You sure you're not angry? "
Kyle smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "Hey! Its hard to tame it. "
He chuckled then Bryan came in looking tired and stressed.  "You just started and you're already tired? "
"I haven't had a wink of sleep since I got down from the plane so it's natural. " kyle took a sip from his coffee smiling and it was weird because kyle Endicott hardly smiled.
I leaned into Bryan and whispered.  "Why's he smiling like that? "
Bryan smirked. "Am sure he's chatting with Stephanie. "
"Who is she? "
He eyed his brother then shrugged. "The truth is I don't really know what's going on between them and frankly I don't want to know. She's the first woman my brother is willing to go beyond sex with, I haven't even seen her before. "
I gasped. "Really? "
"Yep."
I looked at Kyle and saw him smiling again. "Must have been one hell of a ride she gave you if you bothered to stay  Kyle?"
I asked kyle who whezzed and started coughing glaring at me to which I returned with a smirk.
Bryan looked lost for a moment before realization dawned on him about the type of ride I was talking about then he started blushing like crazy while I just laughed. 
"Two of you are weird. One is a sex addict while the other..." I peered at Bryan. "...is still a virgin. " The tips of his ears tainted red and he pushed me so I, being me decided to make him pay for it.
"Are you still a virgin Bryan ?"
He rubbed the back of his neck and mumbled. "What was that? I could quite here you from your ridiculously huge ego. "
He glared. "No."
Kyle busted into laughter immediately and Bryan turned him with the 'angry look' . " Am sorry little brother but it's just....Never mind. "
I snickered. "I'll start calling you. Virgin boy. "
"What? "
"Yeah. It's better than calling you unmilked cow."
"Shit you got creamed! My goodness you have your hands full Bryan. She just called you an unmilked cow. "
"You know what Paige,I think you can find your way home in the rain. "
My eyes widened.
I literally forgot he was giving me a ride home. "I was just joking. "
"If I didn't know you I'd actually believe you. "
"Kyle! " I whined. "Ask your brother to take me home.  "
"Kyle is indisposed at the moment so you could just leave a message. " I glared at him.
"Fine I'll go home alone. Under the rain then I'll catch a cold and it'll be all your fault!" I said picking up my mother's belongings  and walked out of the room to the door of the station waiting.  
Waiting. 
Still waiting. 
I groaned then turned around to go back and bumped into Bryan.  He was right behind me.
So he held me and smiled then stared at my lips.
It was quite...erotic to me. The way the atmosphere turned from loose to tensed and Zappy in seconds. 
"Bryan..."
"Yes..." he said his face close to mine.
"You're poking me. "
The statement just came out and his cheeks had this glow. 
"Uh..sorry. " he moved back and picked up and umbrella behind me then headed out side.
I sighed then followed him.

                                               *~*

I was walking the lonely streets and felt someone watching me.
I looked around and shook off the feeling.
I was just being paranoid.
I took another step then I found my self in a dark forest.
It was so dark that I couldn't even see a thing.
Where was I ?
I rubbed my eyes a few times to get used to the darkness.
Something dropped on my fore head and I quickly wiped it with my fingers and looked at it.
Was that blood? 
I sniffed it to confirm and yes it was. Another drop fell on my face then another. And another and soon I was covered in blood with a dagger in my hand. I looked around me and saw dead bodies. 
There were dead bodied every where.
I looked at my feet and screamed. 
Lying in front of me lifeless..with cold, distant eyes was Mrs Rachel Ellison.
My Mom....
Suddenly she called me. "Paige."
"Paige."
"Paige! " Everywhere shook and then blood began pouring fron places I couldn't even seen. The blood reached my thigh and I began to panic.
I looked around me and saw no one. I was in the middle of an ocean of blood. "Help! "
The blood reached my neck. "Help..."
"Help me! "
I raised my head to inhale then the blood covered me head and I began to struggled but the blood was too thick and it was speaking.  "Fucking wake up! "

I bolted awake looking around then relaxed when I saw Bryan looking at me with worry.
"Are you okay? "
"It was just a dream. "
He relaxed. "A dream? What kind of dream? "
I rubbed my sweaty temple.  "I don't even understand it. It doesn't even make sense. "
"You said Mom. "
I ran a hand through my hair and looked at the window. "Yeah. I've been trying to wake you up for about two minutes now. Or three. "
I sighed. "Do you want to come in...to keep me company? "

He held my hand. "Sure. I'll stay for as long as you want. "
I guess that's what thirteen year old me liked about him. Always so patient and nice. "Thankyou."
He simply kissed my hand and sighed. "Can we talk? "
"We are talking aren't we? "
He shook his head. "No. I mean, talk talk. "
I groaned.  "Do we have to? "
"Yes Paige. I need you to understand me. "
I gripped my mother's things tight. "Right now? "
He scoffed staring ahead.
"Why do you have to be so difficult? "
I frowned. "Why do you have to be a dick? You wanna start this now? Sure let's talk...let's talk about how you called me selfish? Or about how you left me all alone although I begged you stay? "
"Am sorry. I swear I wasn't thinking...I was in pain..."
He was really pulling the I am hurt card with me right now?
That jerk!
"In pain about what? I was there for you while you mourned your mother's death. All I asked of you was for you to be there for me while I was still hurting from the fact that my father choose his other woman, his other my life! I needed you....I'm gonna come down now." I said then got out. 
"Ok let's go inside. "
"No no. It's better for you to go back to the station don't you think so?"
It seemed like he didn't believe his ears. "Fine! You are so unbelievable! " he fumed then he got into his car and for the second time that day, he rode off angrily because of me. 

Yep there had to be something between them. There had to be.
But do I know am just your tour guy, it's you whose gonna tell me if there was something between them.
So byeeee

#Chelsea #