Chapter 180: Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

With a blissful December now quickly approaching, little specks of white dust begun to slowly rain down upon each existing roof in the kingdom of Arendelle. The usually azure skies have dwindled into a lackluster grey, and every animal have gone and retired into their respective habitats to find an apt spot to hibernate.

The rising numbers of the sales each Ideal Winter Gear stores are currently making cannot stop a digit.

Crowds started small, then before any citizen can be able to know massive ones will gather and polish every promotional shelf clean to secure their own purchase.

Winter coats were the most sold products next to Ugg boots. While store owners are struggling to replenish stocks, Oaken is more than happy to accept onward customers (courtesy to Anna and a very reluctant Kristoff) in his little stall, selling the like in a retail price, and as expected he earned quite a fortune.

Much to the King of Arendelle's suppressed frustration, he was required to embark on an arduous journey to Spain nearly fourteen days ago.

When the fire wielder have tore off the yellow wax seal and instantly regretted reading the cursive contents, he almost fainted when it turns out it is heralded in the crisp letter that King Matteo impeccably wishes to speak with him in the country of Spain itself.

It was also written through ink that the Spanish monarch was growing rather anxious with Arendelle and Spain's relationship regarding the incident involving his daughter and her aggravated crime.

Elsa had to insist to her husband to not press any charges against the princess in order to avoid creating an unwanted war, so Aiden had nothing in defense against his wife's pleading eyes.

King Matteo had been so grateful since then. Though while Maria was only half heartedly pardoned (even though everyone has it drilled into their minds she is not so deserving) it is only for the better sake of the two kingdoms' alliance.

Arendelle and Spain's connections would possibly be in tatters for a long period of time. Nothing less than years.

While the Queen of Arendelle did not really wish to squeeze herself among the myriads of commotions assembling in front of bursting shops, she knew she will have to because her desperation to see a certain face adorned with handsome features was getting the better of her.

For Anna, it felt simply bizarre to see her sister, the one who had been looking like a glum potato for the past couple of weeks, breaking into a fit of speed Anna never knew Elsa is capable of doing.

And for one odd second, Anna found herself concluding that her older sister is faster than her faithful steed Kjekk.

Most townsfolk were caught off guard by the swiftness of their queen whom they have never seen so full of energy, they nearly forgot about their tasks and errands with an unusual sight around. The snow lazily drifting around almost blended with her hair; and her elated blue eyes were sparkling.

She is normally so calm and reserved, and the air of grace Elsa always carried with her has been replaced with the queen impatiently folding her arms against herself, brows furrowed and crimson lips pursed.

Not too far in tow, her former ice harvester of a brother in law and his heavily bundled wife tried their best to catch their breaths. That is, if they still have capable lungs.

"When the heck did you learn to run that fast?!" Anna panted, her minty breaths dispersing into palpable air with the cold, "I don't know if it's because I'M carrying a little human in my belly, or I'm just wearing TOO MANY LAYERS OF CLOTHES, or you've been hiding a knack for sprinting all these years from all of us!"