"Enji!?" I yelled. No response. I needed answers.

"He's not home." Shoto walked out of his room. "Good, I need you to help me with something."

I set down my bag. "What is it?" He asked.

"One second, let me change out of my uniform." I headed to my room and quickly changed into a pair of joggers and a black shirt that was cropped.

I walked back out and Shoto was just waiting.

"Can you stand look out when I sneak into your dads office?"

Shoto had a confused look. "Why do you need to go in there?" He asked.

"I need to see if he has any letters that he kept. I'll explain later." He nodded.

We both walked to the other side of the house where his office was and I jiggled the door knob.

It was locked.

Shoto grabbed a key from his pocket. "You have a key?" He nodded.

"I made a copy a long time ago. He doesn't like when anyone goes in his office so whenever I needed something like a credit card or money, I'd sneak in and just take it."

He unlocked the door and opened it. He stayed outside the office as my look out.

I looked through all his drawers and cupboards. But nothing.

There was one drawer I couldn't get into cause it was locked.

I walked back out and asked for the key. I walked back to his desk and unlocked it.

I prayed that the lock on the door and the drawer were the same.

Bingo.

There were a pile of letters sitting in the drawer. I grabbed all of them and closed and locked the drawer.

"Y/N! Someone's home!" Shoto whisper yelled. I quickly ran out, locked the door and we both ran to my room.

I closed my door behind me and Shoto sat on my bed.

"So what exactly are these?" He asked as I sat them down on the bed.

"Before I moved here, I was supposed to live with my best friend and his parents. But then we found out I had relatives and I moved here. Bakugo Katsuki was my best friend before I moved."

Shoto seemed slightly shocked. "That's why I stayed after school. To talk to him. We promised each other we would visit each other but we were never able to get in contact. Katsuki mentioned something about letters. So I wanted to check if Enji had been keeping them from me."

I started opening the letters.

Hey ugly! I haven't been able to call you, it says your phone number got disconnected? So I'm hoping you got this. Mom said we could come visit on the weekends if it was okay with Endeavor. See you soon!

-Katsuki

Hey, you didn't respond to my letter? I checked with the social worker and he said that this is for sure your address. Maybe you just haven't had time? Anyway, please write back

-Katsuki

There were about 10 letters. All wondering why I haven't responded or asking if I was okay and such.

Shoto read a couple.

"Why would Enji keep these from me?"

Shoto thought about it for a moment. "He might've not wanted you to have contact with Bakugo."

"But why?" He shrugged. "My father always has some weird reasons for doing stuff." I slightly nodded.

"What drove you to get stronger and master your quirks?" Shoto asked.

"Well... I wanted to get stronger so I could see Katsuki again. I thought maybe if I did, then at some point I'd see him. Whether it be at UA or when I'm a pro-hero."

"That's it."

I gave him a confused look. "Look at it this way. My dad wanted me to become number 1 hero and surpass all might, but after a while I refused to use my fire side. Maybe he saw an opportunity with you, just in case I didn't live up to his expectations. He probably wanted you to master your quirks and become strong. Kind of like a back up plan of some sort. And maybe he knew how to do that was through Katsuki."

It all made sense in a way. "But I would've become strong and stuff even if I were to see Katsuki and visit him."

"My dad used to isolate me from my siblings just so I could master my quirks and get stronger. Maybe he thought the same was best for you to get stronger, so he cut Katsuki so he knew you'd get stronger."

I felt myself become angry. If Katsuki had been able to visit me, then I wouldn't have suffered as much. It was so hard dealing with my parents death without him.

"I... I need to go." I packed up the letters and put them in my backpack.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Katsuki's house. I'll be back soon." He nodded and I left.

I needed to see Mitsuki and Katsuki. I needed to explain to them what happened and I needed to apologize.

————

A/N: woahhhh this chapter is kinnndaaaaa longgggggg

It's 1:20 am rn and I'm tired as hell. Ima head to bed.

Hope ya'll liked this long ass chapter lmao