Chapter 3

Y/N's p.o.v (11 years old)

We arrived at a house that looked really expensive. I guess the Todoroki's are rich..

"How exactly am I related to the number 2 hero?" I asked.

"He's your uncle from your moms side."

My uncle? My mom had a brother and she never told me? Weird.

We both got out of the car and the social worker walked me up the front door and knocked on it.

A women with white hair and red streaks in her hair answered the door.

"Oh hi, you must be Y/N. I'm, Fuyami Todoroki." She smiled.

"I'm Enji Todoroki's daughter, come in." The social worker and I both walked into the house.

"My father isn't here yet. He's out doing hero work at the moment." The social worker nodded.

"Natsuo! Shoto!" Fuyami yelled. Two boys walked out.

One of them had split colored hair, two different colored eyes, and... a burn on his face?

The other had white hair that was spiked up slightly and grey eyes.

"This is Y/N," I gave them a slight smile.

Shoto kept staring at me, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking. His expression was... blank.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Natsuo said with a smile.

"You and Shoto are the same age, so you guys should get along. I'm 17, and Natsuo over here is 14." I nodded.

"Does my father need to be here, or is she fine to be here without him?" Fuyami asked the social worker.

"Just have your father sign here when he gets back and send it in the mail." She nodded as she grabbed the price of paper from him.

"I'll be on my way now." The social worker said goodbye and soon left.

I felt super awkward. Usually I'm super good with talking to new people, but under these circumstances.. It wasn't easy.

"Take off your shoes and Shoto will show you to your room. Im going to go make dinner." I nodded and did as she said.

"My friends are asking me to hangout. I'll be back before curfew," Fuyami nodded and Natsuo slipped on his shoes.

"See you later little cuz," He smiled and then left.

I walked over to Shoto, but I kept my distance. We walked silently down a hall.

"This is your room. Mines right across from yours." He pointed at his room.

I nodded. "Thanks." I walked into the room and it was super plain.

"When your done putting your stuff in your bag away, I'll be in my room. Our house is pretty big so I have to give you a tour." I nodded and I sat my bag down and Shoto went into his room.

I hung up my clothes and put my sketchbook and pencils on my nightstand.

I grabbed all of my hygiene stuff and put it in my vanity drawer.

I still had the money in the duffle bag. It was a lot of money. I stuffed the duffle bag into my closet on a shelf and I closed the door.

I walked out of my room and knocked on Shoto's door.

He opened it and walked out, closing his door behind him.

We walked around the house and he'd point to certain things and tell me what rooms were which.

We eventually ended at the living room.

"May I ask, what's your quirk?" I looked at him. "Uh.. elements. I control Fire, water, air, and earth." His eyes slightly widened.

"What about you?" I asked. "Fire and ice." I felt myself become slightly shocked.

I expected him to say something like fire, just like his dad or something.

"You have multiple quirks!? Like me!?" I yelled excitedly.

He seemed taken back by my sudden outburst. "Sorry, I'm just super excited that I'm not the only one!"

"My mom was quirkless, except for my dad. He was able to control the wind. That was about it. So I don't know how I got an element controlling quirk. What about you? I'm guessing you got your fire from your dad. What about your mom?"

He got more quiet than he's been. "My moms quirk is ice.." He mumbled.

I gave him a confused look. "Did I say something wrong?"

Then it hit me. There's been no mention of his mom since we got here. Just his dad.

"is... is she deceased? I'm so sor-," He cut me off. "No. Something happened a long time ago and my dad put her in a hospital." I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry.." I didn't know what to say. I could tell the mention of his mom was a sore topic so I dropped it.

"So.. what's your favorite thing to do around here?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't go out much." I nodded.

"Then.. what's your favorite food?"

"Cold soba."

"Really? Me to!" I smiled. "Dinners ready!" Fuyami yelled from the kitchen.

Shoto and I headed to the dinning room and we all sat down for dinner.

It was cold soba. We all said thank you and dug in. It was a quiet meal, until Fuyami asked me questions about myself and such.

She also explained to me how I'll be going to same middle school as Shoto.

"Oh, by the way, I was wondering if my friend Katsuki Bakugo could come and visit here and there?" I asked. She shrugged.

"That's up to my father," I nodded.

After dinner, everyone went to their rooms.

I already missed Kachan. If I were back home, I would be hanging out with him right now...

I sighed as I felt my eyes start to get heavy and I soon fell asleep...

————

A/N: Hope y'all liked this chapter! So now you know Y/N's quirk. I wanted it to be somewhat like Shoto's because they're related yk?

Anyway, I have to go practice driving. I'll update soon!