Chapter 6

* Mews PoV *

While Gulf decided to stay home the next day with Saint, just to make sure that he wouldn't throw himself into art but rather rest up the day, I went to the University and had summoned everyone for the lunch break later.

The music history lecture today felt even longer than usual, not that I didn't enjoy it. There was definitely this sparkle in getting to know how music was... found. And since this was really different, for example in comparing ancient greek and ancient asian music, it could help me understand the depth of it more.

It was somehow like a miracle that was passed from generation to generation. Even thousands of years ago, people used music for different reasons, for spiritual ones but also to express emotions.

Music had always been special to me, it deeply touched me and every piece had it's very own feeling and composure to it. Every piece of music awakened a different mixture of emotions, memories and painted pictures inside your head. Additionally, music touched people in a way other arts couldn't. When you see a piece of art, sure you do often understand it, comprehend the feelings shown and sometimes even the one of the artist. But when you hear music, it pulls you deep inside it's embrace, holding you close while it flows around you, making you feel as if you were a part of it. And that's what I loved the most about it.

"Please read through the lecture notes of the topic we finished today. There will be a quiz next week."

With that, the lecture finally ended and I could turn my thoughts to the important things.

After placing the notes and pens in my backpack, I quickly went out of the room and started walking in the direction of the canteen. Since there was still some time to spare, I gave Gulf a call.

"Hey Mew"

A faint smile passed my lips when hearing his voice.

"Hey Gulf. Is everything alright there?"

"Sure it is. We had the croissants you bought earlier and a smoothie each. After watching a bit tv he fell asleep though, in the middle of our favourite show! I can't believe it."

I couldn't contain my laugh and just slightly shook my head while continuing to approach our meeting point.

"He must still be exhausted you know. Though it doesn't really matter, because you probably saw that episode 6 times already, you addict."

On the other end, Gulf started whining.

"Thats not true at all... I didn't watch it 6 times, who do you think I am? I just watched it.... 5 times."

"Yea yea, 5 times are waaaay better than 6 times", I exaggerated and was close to the cafeteria now.

"Honey, I need to hang up now. I'm almost there to meet the others."

"Oh sure... tell me how it went afterwards, okay? Love you Phi."

"I will. Love you Nong", I smiled and ended the call, before putting my phone away and closing the distance to our table. When coming closer, I could already make out Mean and Earth, the other three were still missing.

"Hey guys," I greeted them and sat down on Gulfs place.

"Hello P'Mew. "

"Hello Phi, is Gulf coming as well?", Earth asked, tilting his head to the right and giving me a look.

"He's staying at our place with Saint for today. But don't worry, the two of them are okay."

"So what happened yesterday?"