Full Plate

Luke sits up, his body wobbles with the water bed, his arms felt numb and empty as he soon came to waking up properly. He looked around with squinted eyes as the light was hurting his head badly, he pinched the bridge of his nose and inhaled, sighing deeply. He looked to the night stand and focused on the numbers on the digital clock. 

"Shit-" Luke hopped out of the bed and rocked on his feet, balancing felt like a new concept as he held the nightstand to stabilize himself. He turned to look at the bed and noticed Ryan was not there, he frowned slightly before the panic of being late for work ran through his body again. He flinched forward and started looking for his shirt. He looked over to the bean bag chair and saw his shirt nicely folded ontop, with a note laying peacefully on his shirt. He picked it up and read it slowly over twice, his head hurt and reading felt near impossible.

You looked too peaceful to disturb you, I made breakfast and left it in the fridge. Please leave through the back door, it automatically locks! Thank you, I'll see you soon Lukey.

Luke sighed happily, his stomach churned but he wasn't sure why. He opened the small fridge and saw a plate with some eggs on it and toast. Luke wasn't sure why hot breakfast was shoved in the fridge, or how long Ryan had been up at that. Where even was he? Is he downstairs working? Luke sighed and closed the fridge door and went to the washroom to freshen up.

Once he came out he stared at the fridge while slipping his feet into his shoes, should he eat? He wasn't very hungry nor did he think he should eat it for some reason, there was a nagging throught in the back of his head telling him to not waste anymore time and just head to work before it's too late. Plus he needed to update Jonathan on the newest software and get the new employee to his station- Luke shook his head and stood up after tying his work shoes and headed down the stairs, not before glancing at the white fridge one more time.

He left through the backdoor like Ryan has asked, he heard the door click as it closed, he turned around to facea brick wall, the gorund beneath him crunched and the alley way had a strange smell. Did Ryan really have to live with this? And how!? Luke stepped carefully through the alley making sure to not step on anything weird or gross looking, wanting to not get covered in strange substanced before he'd get to work. He patted his pokcet to make sure he had his phone and keys; which he did. He strolled across the street to the park and found where his car was and got into the drivers seat, as he sat down his phone rang. He looked at the screen and noticed Jon had called him 7 times for the last 2 hours. He answered and was greeted by yelling.

"LUKE WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?" Jonathan screamed, Luke held the phone away from his ear and put it on speaker, tossing it to the passangers seat.

"Jonathan calm down, I am on my way." Luke sighed, pissed off at his screaming friend.

"I drove to your fucking house and you. Weren't. There. Luke, where did you go!? I had to figure out this software and I think I did something wrong and the new employee has just been wandering around with Brian because nobody knows where he's supposed to be situated!!" Luke started driving off with a pain in his heart, head and stomach. 

"First of all, Amy knows where he should be; so get her to actually do her fucking job for once. And Jon, are you serious!? You didn't think to even stop by I.T? You are all children for fucks sake." Luke said, clearly aggrovated. 

"Ok, ok sorry Luke... where the fuck where you?" Jon said,also pretty upset at the moment, Luke sighed quietly as he tried to come up with an excuse.

"I was staying the night with my mom, that's why I am late by like 2 hours Jonathan, she lives far out remember?" Luke said bitting his tongue hoping he'd buy the clear lie.

"Why would you see your mother? What happened?" Jon said, his tone changed from angry to concerned real fast.

"A son can't see his mother?" Luke said, trying to convince Jonathan more and change the subject.

"Whatever Luke, just get here fast. The office is literally dying without you." Jonathan then hung up, and Luke wanted to slam on the breaks or speed up until he crashed; he just didn't know which one seemed better at the moment. His stomach growled and he sighed, his head still hurt and everything was going terribly. If only he didn't stay over with Ryan- Ryan! Luke made a mental note to text or call him later, after settling the office shit-show down. Luke was certainly going to have a full plate today.