( Dawn )

[CHAPTER 2]

It's been at least a month since you and Kirishima became a couple. It was embarrassing to let your classmates in on it, but in the end there was really no choice. You remembered Sero choking him out about spilling everything.

You were living a content life now. It wasn't completely full of flowers and sunshine though, but that was fine. During class, you sneaked occasional glances toward your lover with red hair. Unfortunately you couldn't get a good look of him considering you sat behind Ochako Uraraka, but as usual; that red hair of his stood out almost too much.

Being passed an assignment from the girl ahead of you, you politely muttered a thank you, and then read the contents on the sheet as your teacher, Ectoplasm, was on the subject of a presentation. "For this project, you'll be working in pairs. Your partners were selected by me, and the help of your homeroom teacher, Mister Aizawa."

"Awe man, I'm paired up with Sero.. don't make me take care of the work all by myself..." Said Ojiro. Sero grinned sheepishly. "No way I'd do that! Have some faith!" On the other hand, Uraraka clenched her fist followed by an adored smile. "All right! I'm with Tsuyu!"

Midoriya was gazing into your row, however he wasn't looking at you, but towards his good friend Iida. "Looks like I'm paired up with Iida, this might have worked out better than expected..." From listening to everyone in the room, they were going on about who they were partnered up with, whether they were elated or heavily disappointed. And thanks to the uneven number of students in the room, only one group had to work with three students.

Looking down at your assignment, you were curious to see who you were working with, and to your surprise... it was someone who made you gather a peculiar sensation.

Shoto Todoroki.

You weren't nervous, afraid or even disappointed. Todoroki has always been the quiet and reserved type, so you knew next to nothing about him unlike Midoriya and Bakugou. There were many times were you wanted to know what he was thinking, and during the entire year he never showed any interest in people around him, including you. Perhaps this was a golden opportunity to break him free of his shell?

You looked into his direction. You already knew that he discovered the fact that the two of you were partners by now, and just like always he didn't seem to flinch. He simply.. sat there... gazing at the sheet in his hold. It was until you watched him lift his hand, and once Ectoplasm acknowledged this, he spoke up. "..Are we allowed to make partner changes?"

Heart dropping, his question was awfully rude and offensive. You looked down at your desk with burrowed eyebrows. You could hear a few students whispering, wondering who he could've possibly been paired up with to have him ask something like that, which was... out of character for him.

"No way, maybe he's teamed with Mineta?" Ashido covered her mouth, blue lines of discouragement amending. Mineta dropped his jaw. "No, I'm not! I'm with Shoji! What's that supposed to mean anyway?? Everyone likes me!"

A lot of people rolled their eyes. Their teacher calmed their chatter with a mere clear of his throat, continuing furthermore. "No, you can not. If you are dissatisfied with your current partner, it can't be helped." Not long after his sentence, the bell had rang loudly, signalling for their lunch break. "If you don't like your partner, think of it as a way to strengthen your bond. Class dismissed."

Ectoplasm left the room, leaving very few people to groan in agony. You sank down into your seat, sneaking yet another glance toward Todoroki. It looked like he was asking Yaoyorozu a question, leading to your sigh. 'He doesn't even look at me, how am I supposed to talk to him? I don't want to annoy him since he considered changing his partner...'