( To win you over)

[CHAPTER 9]

The shopping between you and Todoroki progressed smoothly. Course, you were downright uncomfortable for a while, but in between your shopping spree you'd gotten used to him. Now, the both of you were in a rather popular store that sold scented candles along with other necessities optional for the candles.

You opened up a lid and brought the scented wax up to your nose with delicate wiffs as Todoroki stood next to you. He watched you like a hawk, his expression coming to fall into a relaxed position. The more he spends time with you, the more he couldn't ignore his desire for you.

You're making it difficult as of now; winning you over wasn't going to be an easy feat. Which is expected, to say the least. With how long he's kept an eye on you, he's gotten to know every piece of you. Mind, soul, and body. Well, not the body part. At least not yet.

But all relationships have it's bumps and bruises, right? Once it's patched up, you'll begin to race for him. Todoroki had opened up a candle that was near yours, acting natural to hide the faintest red that began to show on the surface of his skin. He sniffed it as you'd done earlier-- only to suddenly let out a sneeze.

You jumped up and looked at him in surprise, watching as he sneezed again but this time he successfully hid his nose in the sleeve of his black turtleneck shirt. "Hey, are you okay?" Studying the candle he started to put down, your gaze slowly trailed up to the male who started to rub his reddening nose.

"The smell of cinnamon.. It's too strong..." He replied, earning an amused scoff out of you. Your mischief washed over you, and you abruptly acted on childish impulse by opening the cinnamon-scented candle and urging it up close to his nose. "Oh really? You mean you don't like it?"

You snickered watching Todoroki step back and turn his head to avoid the scent. His reaction prompted you to draw yourself closer naturally without realization. "Come on! Your sister would love cinnamon!" Though unfortunately, this enjoyment you had of entertaining your amusement was short lived.

As it dawned on you regarding your close distance and your relationship with him, you quickly stepped back to resume having some space and cleared your throat. "...You should- you should hurry and pick out something your sister would like." You stated, setting the item you held right back down.

Adjusting the shopping bags in your hands, Todoroki had gone quiet as abruptly as you'd became defensive. Your eyes trailed away while you rocked back and forth on your heels, waiting for a response or even a gesture. He didn't give you anything.

"..." His lips parted, "I've been meaning to.. apologize for the trouble I caused last week..." Said Todoroki, provoking your gaze to settle onto him. "I admit that I was being selfish and even got... A little jealous. To be honest, I feel that way a lot, to the point I get small envious impulses."

He started to scratch his cheek. "...And i start acting like a child, as you could see." While he started explaining himself to justify his past actions, the pieces started falling together. From him wanting to switch project partners, to him trying to steal every bit of your attention from Kirishima... Were those just his childish ways of fighting for you? You were bewildered, but you stayed calm and touched your chin.

"That.. Explains a lot..." You replied. Then that kiss.. was also just because of his personality? At the moment you figured he was doing all of this because he has a crush on you... I mean what else of a reason could there be? That said.. "I admire that you're willing to take initiative and do those things for someone you like, Todoroki... But.. Because of way you went about the things you did, it-- left a bad impression on me."