𝑨 𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑰𝑪 𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑶'𝑺 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬

Camillas POV

"Grams, you said I would be able to return soon." I slightly whine in protest.

Sheila Bennett slightly rolls her eyes at the woman whom she's known since the girl was in diapers. "You aren't ready." She says simply.

"You gave me all of these freaky powers, and all of these cryptic prophecy's." I dead pan. "My kids need me."

"They're okay child. You know that." Sheila raises a brow, knowing that I've spent every second I could watching my children.

"They're stuck in grief. But no one pays them enough attention or knows how to help them until each of them has a mental break down!" I begin to get frustrated.

"They're trying as hard as they can. They think they can't do it because they're not you. Because you've been their crutches in life. To not only your kids, but to every single one of them." Grams says, her face softening when she sees how truly upset I am. "They need to learn how to stand on their own two legs."

"You're hiding something from me." I reply, my facial expression turning into one of caution. "You've been so secretive about when I'm going to return back and what I need to do."

She hesitates for a second. Avoiding eye contact with me at any chance. "I didn't want to be the one to tell you."

"News flash Grams! We're the only people here!" I raise my voice slightly, waving my arms around like a lunatic.

You see this was nothing like the other side. It was just pure white. If you focused hard enough you could watch over those who were still alive. But other than that it was just me and Grams basically in a completely white room.

"Oh the others are here alright. Just refuse to show themselves." Sheila quietly scoffs to herself. "Do you really think you could handle the truth?"

I nod my head slowly despite suddenly feeling a touch of doubt after seeing how serious she was beginning to get.

"You'll be going back." Sheila nods her head in reassurance for me. Before dropping the deadly bomb. "But you can't stay."

I suddenly feel like the ground has fallen from underneath me. Like all of her heart break I've ever felt through out my life couldn't even compare to this. "Y-you want to send me back... and then let me die again? Make me leave my kids behind for a second time? Break their hearts all over again? You want me to knowingly hurt them?"

Sheila sighs sadly and slowly brings me into a comforting hug. But nothing could truly comfort me right now. "It's not up to us, child. Nature needs to maintain the balance. And bringing you back to life is against nature, unless something else is taken from the living."

"And I would never let someone else die, for my own gain." I finish with a distant whisper. Tears prickling at my eyes as I attempt to calm myself down from my overwhelming emotions.

"I-I don't understand what my purpose is. You brought Stefan back because you claim what we had was a special type of love and only he could truly cure me from Kai's curse at the time. Only for our love to burn out and for him to start over with a completely new life after I die. What's your plan now?" I question tearfully, not understanding.

"Take comfort in the fact you'll now be able to leave with no unfinished business." Sheila begins with a small sigh. "That you'll be able to say goodbye to your children and give them the goodbye they deserved."

"How long will I have?" I question after a couple of tense moments of silence.

"That is something that not even I know." Grams smiles sadly. "But I promise you that it won't be sudden, you'll know when your time has come. Much like I did."

I stare at the lady I've known practically my whole life before questioning her curiously. "When you died... did you have any regrets?"

"Oh Camilla, when anyone dies they suddenly have all of these regrets and what ifs that run through their mind. But eventually you'll be content. One of my biggest regrets was not preparing Bonnie enough before she was thrown into the supernatural world." She admits a small shrug. "But she did me so proud. She's become more powerful and confident in herself than I could've ever hoped for her."

"You know, a large part of that was thanks to you." Sheila says to me after a moment.

"What do you mean?" I stare at her in confusion. Not understanding why she would say that.

She chuckles lightly looking to me in disbelief. "Do you really think you were randomly chosen for this?"

I shrug dumb founded, truthfully never having really thought too much into depth about it.

"You are one of the only reasons why Bonnie is so confident and strong today. You made sure she wasn't pushed to the side when everyone was so focused on Elena. You made sure Caroline had a home to come back to when she turned her humanity off. You kept Stefan from hating his brother for the rest of his life because you showed him that he could love again. You didn't let Elena get so deep into drama and revenge that she lost who she was. You never let Jeremy forget that he was important too, that he would never be forgotten. You raised those children to be amazing supernatural beings and never let yourself be selfish when it came to them. You fought until your last breath to save a child that you didn't even know was yours from a lifetime of looking over her shoulder. You took in a young syphoner and wolf when you could've given him up, where he would've had a rough life and turned evil. You made the 'evil' hybrid realize that love wasn't a weakness. You gave the Noble Mikaelson a reason to never give up on his families redemption. Hell, you saved the whole Mikaelson family when they caused you the biggest heart break of your life. You showed a humanity less Damon Salvatore that he could be loved. You showed Kol Mikaelson that he wasn't alone, which is the only reason why he let that harvest witch into his heart. You gave Alaric guidance when he wanted to die." She finishes with teary eyes, my eyes matching hers. A sense of pride gleaming in her eyes.

"You my dear child, were chosen because we believe in you." She whispers as she gently cups my cheeks in a motherly way.

"I-I." I stumble over my words, unsure of what to say.

"I bet you never actually thought of everything you did for those people huh?" Grams laughs. I slowly shake my head in a 'no' manner.

"They're not amazing people because of me." I protest. "They're amazing people because they each have fought their way through hell and found a way to come out of it alive."

Grams shakes her head with a disbelieving smile. "So selfless." She whispers.

"Can I ask you a question?" I suddenly question, a thought coming to my head.

She nods her head looking curiously at me, probably wondering what was going through my mind.

"You know what's coming next? What's to come in the future?" I question meekly.

She simply nods her head again in visible curiosity.

"I need to know..." I hesitate, though she gives me an encouraging nod. "In another life..."