𝑷𝑼𝑻𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑰𝑬𝑪𝑬𝑺 𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑻𝑶𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹

Damon walks inside the private kitchen to see Kol savagely ripping apart a blood bag

"Woah slow down big guy. Other people got to eat too." Damon wolf whistles with a small smirk.

Kol puts his head down breathing heavily. And Damon sighs with a small roll of his eyes. "She would kill you if she saw you right now. She would whoop your ass actually."

"Stop." Kol whispers barely audible, but Damon heard him.

"She never wanted this for you. She loved you like you were her big brother. You were the only Mikaelson she freely talked about before a few months ago. She talked about how much she missed you and wished she could have saved you. It haunted her all of these years." Damon continues, emphasizing the word 'haunted'.

"Stop!" Kol yells turning around with veins running up the bags under his eyes.

"But she continued on with her every day life. For you. She said that she knew you wouldn't have wanted her to waste her and her kids life away because of your death. That she had to be better for you." Damon shouts, raising his voice. "Yet here you are! Digging yourself a hole and isolating yourself from everyone."

Kol turns again, his back facing Damon as he stares emotionally at the blank white wall.

"Because they aren't her." Damon finishes in a whisper. "Because they aren't her you don't want to talk to anyone. You don't want to continue on with your every day life because it'll feel like you're betraying her. Like you're forgetting all about her." Damon stresses as he tries to get Kol to see his point.

"How do you go on?" Kol questions, his eyes beginning to water. "How do you walk through these halls knowing she walked them every day. That she won't ever be able to again. That she won't be waiting for you in her office or cuddled up with her kids. How do you smell her Perfume every time you pass her room and not think about how she held you like a mother would to her kids when you felt like the world was crashing down? How do you live, with the fact that... she's gone." Kol sobs, finally letting all of his emotions be shown on display for the first time since the funeral.

Damon is taken back by the Mikaelson and stands there baffled for a second before clearing his throat. "You don't forget her. You don't forget her perfume. You don't forget her voice. Personally I listen to this every day." Damon admits, unlocking his phone and clicking a few buttons before throwing his phone on the table.

"Hey dames..." Kol's brow shifts into pain when he hears her voice. "I don't know where you and Kol are... Me and Elena have been looking for you guys for hours... if you're fighting about who's my favorite just know that I don't have one. I love you both equally." Her loud laugh is heard through the phone as they hear her and Elena whispering in the back round. "Well when you idiots finally decide to come home, we have food put away for you two. I love you, oh and tell Kol that he missed movie night with the girls and they are not happy! Bye!" The voice mail ends.