health, fitness & feelings

japanese

english

Maybe if he hadn't decided to take a nap during the free period, he wouldn't be running over the Hogwarts grounds like a maniac, desparatly trying to be on time for class to begin. Nonetheless, the first class of Kakashi had already begun and of course, the muster student he is, Naruto was late.

The hope that maybe his sensei held on to his own habit of constantly not being on time, were shattered as he arrived on the large green area near the lake, where the class took place. Kakashi decided to make the students endure practical lesson on their first period of that subject rather than endless and boring theory that was comparable to History of Magiy lessons by Professoer Binns (at least Kakashi thought so but he was an elite shinobi so you really can't take him serious in that matter). 

Kakashi noticed his students arrival but decided to not comment on it and instead watched his other temporary students struggle with the simple task of a fitness test even an academy student could complete.

From the first day on, he could tell that even though wizards could do incredible things, thanks to their wands, they had terrible physical strength and stamina. Following that understanding of the situation, the Jounin decided to upgrade the physical strength of a wizard to increase the chance oof survival in an battle.

Even through many student asked why they would need this kind of knowledge, the simple explanation, that if they would lose their wand during a battle for whatever reasons, death would stand at their doorsteps or major injuries were assured, shut them up.

Harry was excited, to say the least. With the looming threat of Voldemort hanging like a dark cloud over his head, the extra training made him feel a little more reassured. He didn't think that a simple punch in the flat face or kick in his balls would stop Voldemort from his evil plans but it was always better to be prepared, wasn't it?

The only thing that made the class a little more difficult than necessary, was the fact that the Gryffindors were partnered with the Slytherins. When would Dumbledore finally realise that putting the rival houses together in a class where they literally learnt how to fight and be fit is not the perfect solution, Harry didn't know, but he hoped that no one had to be seriously injured first.

Draco didn't really know what to expect from the additional class that was taught by one of the strange newcomers but when he thought about Health or Fitness, fighting and battle strategies were not on the program. Not that he was complaining or anything.

The headmaster probably only named the class like he did, to keep Umbridge away. The ministry would definitely start a roit if they'll ever find out.

The blond haired boy looked to his left. Just a few meters away from him stood his dark haired 'enemy' with his two friends and the three exchange student. It was now a common sight for the school to see a Slytherin hanging around Gryffindors and if Draco is honest with himself, he is happy that someone broke the ice between the two houses. Don't get him wrong, the  two still were in a constant conflict but now it was more like a cold war. Neither side tried anything.

And Draco dared to hope. He dared to hope for a chance to seek the company of a certain dark haired boy with bright green eyes, round glasses and a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.

While the Malfoy heir was day dreaming the rest of the students were listening as Kakashi explained the next task to them.

"Alright. As i told you before, you all lack stamina, so we will concentrate on building this up for now. You will start with a sequence of exercises and at the end of the lesson you will run one round around the lake. That is good enough for the first time."