Reader x Kagami - The Rain

ANOTHER angst one shot. This time it's with Kagami. But the ending is not angst. Anyway-enjoy!! :)

Kagami and Kiyoshi were walking together after basketball practice. It was late at night and the two males stopped by the convenience store, since Kiyoshi had to buy some things before going home. Kagami waited outside for him.

***

After a while Kiyoshi finally came out with a plastic bag in hand.

"Hey, sorry to have kept you waiting." Kiyoshi apologized with a smile

"No problem. Let's go." Kagami replied, walking away but Kiyoshi stood still.

Just then Kiyoshi brought down his smile .

"Hey, Kagami."

"Hm?" Kagami stopped in his tracks and turned around

At first Kiyoshi kept quiet, but then finally decided to speak up. "Do you like [Name]?"

At the same time, Elsewhere

You were at the grocery store, picking up some food that your mom had told you to get on your way home from school.

After you payed for the stuff you held the plastic bag in your hand, standing behind the doors, as it began to rain.

"Mom was right. It was going to rain." you said to yourself. "Good thing I always keep an umbrella with me." you reached into your school bad that you hand over your shoulder and took out your [Favourite Colour] umbrella.

You stepped outside and put up your umbrella, holding it above your head. As you started to walk back home.

Kagami & Kiyoshi

"HUH?!" Kagami screeched. "Why should I like a girl like her?!" the rain began to fall harder

"I never said that you had to like her. I'm only asking if you do." Kiyoshi explained with a slight smile

"NO! I don't!"

"Why not?"

"Why? Because she's not my type."

"Will you explain?"

"My type of girl that I like is a girl who is elegant. And she is anything but elegant! Plus she's acts and talks like a guy! I don't want to date a girl who doesn't even act like one! She's stupid, violent and crazy. Not to mention she's ugly!"

Kiyoshi only stare at Kagami with no emotion and continued to listen.

"Like her? Don't make me laugh. WHO WOULD LIKE A FREAK LIKE HER?!" Kagami shouted at the top of his lungs

Kiyoshi looked shocked, but his eyes weren't directed at Kagami, but to someone behind Kagami.

Kagami who noticed this, looked behind him. His eyes widen. The one behind him was you.

"A-ah! I forgot to buy juice!" Kiyoshi blurted out an excuse to avoid the awkward atmosphere going on and ran back inside the convenience store.

Kagami turned to face you but said nothing.

'D-did she hear? And if she did, how much of it? No. She doesn't know exactly who I was talking about. But-but what if she does know...?' Kagami thought to himself, worried that you might have heard the whole thing.

You two continued to stand in the same place, with the heavy rain pouring down on you two. Well, Kagami since he didn't have an umbrella. You two didn't say a word. Only staring at each other as the ambulance siren went off, dashing past you guys on the road and the siren light reflecting on your faces.