43

Jungkook snuck out of his dorm careful not to wake up Jimin.  Going to the front gate of his campus he saw the ice cream stand and sitting at one of the picnic table benches was a familiar face.

Letting out a deep breath he walked over and sat next to him smiling softly.  "Hey."  He said and Namjoon smiled.

"Hey Jungkook."  He said with a small casual wave.

"So.. it's parent weekend soon.  Next weekend actually."  He said and Namjoon nodded remembering that from his school.

Letting your parents come down for the weekend and tour campus and get to meet the teachers and see all the local sites.  Having all the classrooms open all weekend for them to show off any academic skills and progress in projects.

"Are you nervous to show yours something?"  He asked and Jungkook curled his toes inside his sneakers bouncing his leg out of habit.  The steady up and down rhythm giving his brain something to distract itself with but causing a slight shake to his body. 

"Uh no well you know.. Jimin his mom is coming to see his dance and everything and it will of course be good to see her but.. she is going to be angry."  He said chewing on his lip and Namjoon frowned.

"Why is Jimin's mother going to be angry?"  Namjoon asked softly knowing there was a lot about the situation he didn't understand.

"Because. This is all my fault and I ruined Jimin's future."  Jungkook said looking up at Namjoon.

The light hit his glossy eyes perfectly and Namjoon felt his breath hitch, how long had the other been crying before he reached out to him?

"Jungkook... no how would anything.. this..? What is your fault?"  Namjoon asked gently placing a hand on his knee and slowing the bounce of it.

"We were supposed to go to another school... and we got accepted and he could have gone without me... but he gave it up and went here because I had to go here...  She is so angry that he didn't take his chance there and it's my fault and she knows it."  Jungkook said sniffling and Namjoon turned placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I can't help unless you tell me... why couldn't you go to the other school?  You were accepted... I won't hate you."  He promised remembering the words and fear he had at the fanmeet.

Jungkook let out a puff of air and sniffled again closing his eyes.  "My choice of studies is.. not what my parents want and i couldn't stay home... I had to leave Busan but Jimin.. he wouldn't have had to leave his family and everything he knew." Jungkook winced.

Namjoon blinked in surprise.  "Oh...  that's.. it?"  He asked and Jungkook opened his eyes.

"You don't get it.. Jimin always talked about how nice it was that we lived in the place with the nice performing school and he could stay and help his family and have the perfect life.. and just because I have to run away from my family I ruined his." Jungkook cried.

Namjoon widened his eyes realizing some of what happened and covered his mouth.  "Jungkook...".

He cried slipping off the bench to sit on the dirt ground.

Namjoon shook his head moving off the bench onto the ground and placed his hands on Jungkooks shoulders.

"I'm not trying to fix you and I never will, you don't need to be fixed Jungkook you're perfect."  He told him sincerely before pulling him forward and hugging him close.

The younger grasped the idols clothes in his hands and sniffled trying to contain his emotions while Namjoon rubbed his back. 

Eventually he walked him to his dorm and hugged him one last time.

"I promise it'll be okay Jungkook.  Talk to Jimin, he doesn't see this as a downgrade all he wanted was to go to school with you like you planned as kids, he told BTS about it that's his dream just as much as dancing.  He can still dance with this school the name of the school doesn't matter it's the talent of the student and Jimin will be fine. You both will be."  Namjoon promised and Jungkook smiled softly nodding.