Chapter 6 : Annual Picnic

Jason's pov

I told her about Stella and me, it was so good to talk about her, about us. I was glad I shared my precious talk with a girl like Kate who listened to every part of it patiently. She never asked me why, what, when but just praised my relation and praised me for I am so loyal in waiting for her. Kate was amazing she made me laugh made me smile made me wonder at times and she knew when I wanted to be alone. I wanted her to be my friend forever. I wanted her to be with me when I talked about Stella , when I just wanted to have some quality time talking to someone. She was pretty, but what made her more special was her beautiful nature. I used to tease her, she used to get angry but eventually she always used to get normal in few minutes. I liked talking to her, I really liked it. I wanted to share with her every thing and top of it I started trusting her and deep inside my heart knew she would not leave me. I don't know why but I always knew that.
.
.
.
It was the time of annual picnic when the entire school went together for a day trip. I was sad because this time I was alone. This time Stella wasn't with me I was missing her a lot. I remembered everything we shared on our last trip. I missed everything so much. I missed her, I missed us, the things we used to talk on, the way she called me, her sweet voice, her perfectness, her beautiful heart, her pretty face, the way she referred to me. I had tears in my eyes when I thought about us. We were perfect together, the way she understood me and loved me nobody ever can. I wanted to talk to someone, wanted to tell someone how much I missed Stella and I decided to call Kate.
' Hey Jason ' she said picking up the phone.
' Hey Kate. How are you? ' I asked.
' Am good buddy, you say wassup? ' she asked.
' Am fine, was bored thought to call you ' I said.
' Oh!! so excited for the picnic? ' she asked.
' Not so much ' I said in a low tone.
' Why? What happened? ' she asked.
' Nothing, just missing her ' I said with a sigh.
' Offo, don't worry you will be fine, we will have fun. We will talk it out , chill ' she said in a pleasant way.
' Yea, but still, she will be there and we won't be together ' I said.
' I know but trust me Jason you will be fine ' she said.
' Ok but am planning not to come instead ' I said
' No no no no no no, please don't cancel it. Pleaseeeeeee' she said in a pleasing way.
' Ok if you say so ' I said in a blunt way.
' Yea you will have a good time ' she said.
' Ok ' I said in a happy tone.
' Now go get ready, I will meet you in school ' she said.
' Ok bye ' I said and hung the phone.

I was still in no mood of going but Kate was forcing so much so I decided to go. I got ready and left for school.
.
.
.
I saw her standing and she was looking beautiful, really beautiful. I was amazed to see her. She was wearing blue jeans and pink sweatshirt with pink bellies and open hair. I just wanted to keep looking at her. She saw me looking and we had an eye contact. The eye contact that we always used to have. My eyes not wanting to leave hers, that moment was beautiful, it was pure and true like always. Finally she broke the eye contact. My eyes left hers when I saw Kate and Jenny coming from the gate. They both also looked great. I started walking towards them when Kate smiled looking at me. I smiled back.

Kate's pov

I left from home hoping that Jason would come. I was wearing my favourite black jeans which Jen hated and a grey sweater with a black stole and black shoes. I decided to tie my hair in a simple pony and was waiting for Jen in car. She came after 10 mins and we were late because of her as usual. She was wearing a beige skirt with black high neck and stockings and beige boots , she looked pretty.
' Jen we are again late because of you ' I said in an angry tone.
' I know am sorry ' she said sweetly.
' What sorry? You told me to be ready by 7am and you yourself took so long. Huh ' I said turning my face away from hers.
' I know you won't be angry for a long time ' she said smirking.
' You better not challenge me missy ' I said pouting.
' But I am, Kate Parker. I am challenging you ' she said.
' Fine Jennifer Gilbert. I accept your challenge ' I said with a smirk.

I drove to school and the rest of the time we didn't talk.
.
.
I was entering in school when I saw Jason standing a little away from the gate. He started walking towards us and I noticed him. He was wearing a black jeans and a dark blue casual coat, with blue shoes and he was looking stunning as usual.
' Hey Jen and Kate you both look great ' he said with a smile.
' Thank you ' we both said together and saw each other but suddenly turned away our faces.
' Your welcome ladies ' he said with a smile.
' You look stunning Jason ' I said with a big smile.
' Thanks Kate ' he replied.
' Thank you for coming Jason ' I said.
' Oh! Don't be please. Thank you for forcing me because I got to see Stella, she is looking really beautiful today ' he said looking towards Stella and smiling.
.
.
I was glad he was happy to come. I was hoping this journey to be a great one now we were just waiting for Edward when I finally saw him coming, he was looking cute. And I also saw Jen arguing with him for being late. Now that bitch knows how it feels like receiving someone late, I thought to myself. I saw Jason he was still looking in her direction but he was glad and sad at the same time. We started boarding in the bus and finally left for New Jersey. I was excited for this whole tour, it was a one day trip but I was glad I will get to know everyone in a better way. I was sitting with Jason in the bus and Jen and Ed were sitting ahead us. Stella was sitting with her friend on the other side five seats ahead of us. I saw Jason noticing her after every few minutes. When he finally started the conversation.
' I want to talk to her Kate, I really want to ' he said in a curious tone.
' But Jason...' I said
' I don't know anything I want to talk to her thats it ' he said cutting me off.
' But how Jason? You both just broke up ' I said.
' I know Kate but I really miss her ' he said in a very low mood.
' I can understand Jason but you need to control yourself please ' I said.
' Hmm ok ' he said in a slow voice.

He said this and closed his eyes I never wanted to disturb him and after that I didn't say anything. I was really tensed for him. I just wanted him to be happy and for that he needed to move on but he never wanted to and I never wanted to say him that. He wanted to wait and I just wanted his want to come true. I was sad too, I was sad seeing him sad. At that time I didn't know what to do, but I just wanted him to be normal again.