lv. The Aftermath

❝you still live between the silences of my thoughts❞

you still live between the silences of my thoughts

dj

△△△

"Come on!" Leo called. "We don't want to get caught!"

Kira soundlessly followed the boy. A smile crept onto her face, despite how nervous she was.

He had knocked on her dorm door at four in the morning on a Tuesday. How he had known she was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling for hours trying to fall asleep was beyond her, but she jumped at the offer to leave the dorm. Before she left she took a picture of Piper sleeping to make fun of her later.

Not much happened at Wilderness School, so Kira embraced any time she could have a good time.

They snuck down the dark hallway, avoiding security cameras. For a school that was supposed take in delinquents, they sure did have a sucky security system.

"Don't worry about the cameras," Leo whispered, as if he was reading her mind. "I hacked all of them, they're all just static."

"How-" Kira started, throughly impressed. She didn't know the first thing about hacking, and she had no idea how Leo did, but she didn't ask him. She figured it was best not to know.

They turned the corner, and Leo bumped into something, falling to the ground. Kira froze, staring wide eyes at the person that emerged from the other side of the hall.

"Well, well, well," Dylan said lowly, grinning crookedly at the two. Gulping softly, Kira helped Leo to her feet. Leo glared at the boy, but neither said anything. "Cat got your tongue?" Dylan laughed.

"Go away, Dylan," Leo grumbled, brushing himself from the dirty floors. Dylan only laughed.

"And why would I do that?" Dylan asked. Leo glared at him. His idea for the perfect night was not working how he thought it would.

"C'mon Dylan," Kira said shyly. "We don't mean any harm."

Dylan glared at the girl, with what looked like hunger in his eyes. Leo took a step closer to her, as if to shield her.

Dylan was set out to make the group's life miserable. Kira didn't know why, but the guy hated them. His bullying had started the day she had arrived at Wilderness School, and he never stopped. He got all of his friends to help torment them.

"Hmm," Dylan pondered, pretending to think by tapping his chin. "I think I'll pass. Teacher!" He yelled, grabbing Kira's arm. In a split second, her instints took over, and she raised her arm and punch him in the jaw.

"Ow!" He yelled, letting her go and clutching his wounded chin. Leo's hand fell into hers, and they took off.

Kira's heart pounded, she had no idea she had that kind of force behind her. She was staring down at her bruised knuckles as they ran, and she would have run into a window if Leo didn't grab her, and pull her back.