μηδέν. Prologue

❝if it doesn't burn a little, what is the point of playing with fire?❞

⤷bridgett devoue

❝You ready, partner?❞ 

❝Always with you, partner.❞ 

hello to all my new readers and rereaders! to everyone that just had a heart attack that i updated, i'm just fixing my introduction and editing some minor mistakes in the first chapters! i should finish editing in a few days, depending on how much homework i have. i hope you enjoy this updated prologue, the old one definitely needed an upgrade.  if you don't want to get updates on the edited chapters, feel free to delete it from your library. i hope you all enjoy this story, it is fully complete! 

this is my second leo valdez fanfic because i wasn't very happy with my other character, and i wanted this one to have a unique story and struggle. so, this is take two and i hope it turned out decent. 

fun fact! μηδέν is zero in greek, spelled out. greek didn't use zero in their numerals, so i thought it was kind of neat, and i wanted to share that with you guys.

Eight half-bloods shall answer the call,

To storm or to fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

》summary !

Kira's story starts in a hospital in Seattle, her mother giving birth to her alone. No support, no family, no lover to help guide her along the way to motherhood. Maybe that was the first mistake.

Her mother was not meant to be a mom. Nor, did she want to be. She was a powerful businesswoman, and people listened to her at work, cowered near her. So, it rubbed off at home.

As long as fifteen-year-old Kira Willows could remember, she lived in the same boring apartment, spotless rooms to hide the dirty secrets. Her mother got in the habit of drinking from the stress that came from being a single mother and a successful businesswoman. After the drinking came the yelling, then came the throwing, then came the hitting. She was beaten into into submission countless times for something as small as forgetting to wash the dishes.

But of course, no story is that simple. She struggled of course, but she tried to become sober. Every time she tried to bond with Kira, however, it only pushed her further away. She had been so deprived of love and affection that she didn't understand what her mother was doing when she wrapped her arms around her. Kira had thought she was trying to strangle her. But she didn't get a happy ending. Throughout Kira's life, she was starting to believe that didn't exist.