Izuku hates fate sometimes

Izuku was nervous.

Well he was always nervous but today was different. He'd endured the last few weeks of school at Aldera. It was only really bad once word got out about his acceptance to U.A. At least the teacher didn't mention what course he got into.

He had been cornered by Bakugou once but it wasn't anything he couldn't deal with. Just a few explosions and he didn't even have a parental figure in his life that would care about the fact that he was hurt!

At least he had supportive friends that constantly bugged him over text.

—-

The Insomni-Squad

Catsomnia: so... its our first day at ua today

Zoomsomnia: I know! And I can't wait!

Plantsomnia: damn I can't wait to see the look on Bakugou's face when he finds out I'm in the hero course lol 😂 😂 😂

Zoomsomnia: go to emoji jail ╰(‵□′)╯

Plantsomnia: no

anyways I gtg can't be late on my first day y'know

—-

Izuku sighed at his friend's antics. Mei believed in Kaomoji supremacy while he was the firm believer of Emojis. Hitoshi, however, just vibed with no grammar whatsoever. Anyways, no need to focus on that right now, he had to find his classroom.

It took a hot minute but he managed to find the large door of 1-A. Why did they make it that big? Izuku thought. I've literally never seen anyone that tall.

Izuku took a ragged breath to ease his nerves. It wasn't like Bakugou or the bootleg sonic-Ingenium stan was in his class. Right?

Right????

Ah, I can hear Author-Chan laughing already. (Right you are Izuku!)

Anyways, as the enormous door was slid open, two prominent figures stood out. The only two people that Izuku didn't want In his class. Obviously, all his luck ran out lol. There, yelling at Bakugou was the bootleg sonic in all their glory.

Izuku felt his soul leave his body. He weighed his options. On the one hand, he was in the hero course, about to start getting formal training. On the other hand though, he had to put up with the two most annoying people ever if he chose to stay.

Eh, death seems better.

Izuku was snapped out of his self depicting spiral by a small tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he saw a brunette smiling at him.

"Hiya! We were in the same test zones for our exam. I remember you pushing me out of the way of one of the robots. It was really nice of you to do that! My name's Ochako Uraraka by the way!"

The brunette, now dubbed Uraraka, said with as much enthusiasm as a chipmunk on drugs.

Izuku smiled nervously, having not dealt with too many social situations in his life before.

"H-hi? I'm-" Izuku quickly cut himself off, instead staring at the human-like caterpillar that was making their way towards the classroom. "Izuku Midoriya, and I believe that our teacher is almost here so we should probably head to our seats."

"Oh. Thanks for letting me know Midori!"

Izuku smiled at the nickname as he made his way to his assigned chair. And it was just his luck that it was in front of Bakugou. He just prayed that Bakugou wouldn't see him.