And who might you be? (Tom, Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr.)

“You cannot just turn people into dogs, Genie.” Sam snapped at Genie while she picked up the little brown Beagle making his astonishments and smile disappear.

“Why? He had dog like feelings for you, so he better be one.”

Sam looked at him with disbelieve, “Change him now!” She snapped him in ordering tone, making him pout.

“Can’t he just stay like this for a while? I want to play with him.” He said while taking the dog from him and cooing at it.

“No, change him now!” She again ordered.

“OK!” He rolled his eyes, and put the doggy down on the ground. The doggy looked at them. Genie sighed and snapped his fingers together again, turning the dog back into a kid.

“Wha… Whaa… I…” The kid hyperventilated the moment he was turned back into human form, making Sam look at him with concern.

“Are you alright?”

“You… stay away. And you, I’m going to tell everyone!” He pointed at Genie with swelled eyes.

“Will you?” Genie gave him a mischievous smile, threatening him by putting his finger together to snap again, making the kid’s eyes swell.

“Mommy!” and the next, Sam saw the kid running outside screaming.

Genie laughed but his laugh disappeared when saw Sam glaring at him.

“You realize that was not a right thing to do?” She crossed her arms on her chest, making him feel guiltier.

“Sorry master!” He bowed his head.  

She rolled her eyes on seeing him standing there in front of her like a kid at fault.

“Whatever. And can you please call me Sam?” Sam spoke as she saw him going towards the fridge and getting out with a can of soda.

“I cannot. Can I have another soda?”

“Yes, of course. Genie, you cannot call me Master, it’s not very comfortable. I want you to call me Sam.”

Sam grabbed a newspaper and started reading after placing herself on the sofa.

“Sam? You want me call you be your first name?”

 He still looked unsure of this new order.

“Yes!” She kept her eyes fixed on the newspaper.

“OK, Sam!” The spoke and then giggled to himself like a little girl, making Sam look at him with surprise and somewhat amusement.

“OK, I found one job here. Closer to home, good pay I… This should do.” Sam talked to herself while circling a small advertisement on the newspaper.

“You looking for job?”

“Yes, Genie. Now, wait here. I need to get changed.” Sam just disappeared into the door of her room. Genie just looked at the closed door with confusion but he waited as he was told to do.

He watched the clock as time ticked by

“I’m going… ” But she trailed off when saw the guy standing in the same position as she left him in.

“Now, don’t tell me, you actually waited for me coz I said wait.”

“What if I say yes?”

His word made her drop her head in her hand.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No, nothing. Ok, listen, I’m leaving.”

“Where are you going?” He followed her as she walked the narrow alley that lead to main door.

“I have an interview, I need a job.” She turned, while she looked exhausted.  The day just started but Samantha’s face had an uncertain sadness, which Genie noticed.

“Do you really need to go, you don’t look good. I mean you look good, you look beautiful but you don’t look happy and unhappy people do things, which later make other people sad. Like the other night, you were going to drown yourself and end your life.”

Samantha’s eyes swelled to hear him. He wasn’t that dumb after all, she thought. She gave him a faint smile.

“I’ll not do any such thing; I need to go now…” She spoke with a small yet sad smile.

“Can I go with you?”

His words again managed to surprise her.

“No, you can’t.”

“Then what am I going to do here all day.”

“Do whatever you feel like; just don’t let anyone in the house.”

And with that she left, Genie stood on the doorway as she walked towards her car. He watched her car leave.

Samantha drove but her mind wandered off. She couldn’t stop thinking about what James did to her, though her eyes remained fixed on the road. She was annoyed, sad and frustrated, more than that she took her own self as a stupid naïve girl to believe a shmuck like him. She was lost but still didn’t jump the red light. She waited desperately the light to turn green as sitting idle, holding the steering wheel was even more frustrating. She looked around but her eyes got glued to the sight on her left. A drop of tear rolled down her cheek when she saw James smooching a girl in his car, this was the same girl that was announced the new cover model of the magazine that she was supposed to be announced.

The light turned green again, James’ car was gone but Sam remained frozen on her spot while the cars behind her car honked violently. She was woken up from her comatose state, when some random guy banged her window and asked her to move the car.

She couldn’t concentrate on anything now, her hands shivered. Tears threatened to fall as she waited for her turn to get interviewed.

“Samantha Collins?”

Her name was called but she didn’t move from her spot, instead just stood up and walked out like a zombie.

Meanwhile in Sam’s house

Genie waited for Samantha desperately but then he realized that she wasn’t going to return anytime soon.

“Why not make my presence worthwhile.” He grinned to himself and looked around.

He whistled and the vacuum cleaner came running from another part of the house. Genie smiled to the vacuum cleaner, and next moment the vacuum cleaner ran around the house, cleaning the floor all by itself.

“What would she like for dinner?” He placed a hand-guard under the chin and thought for a while. He looked at the cook book and the thick book came flying to him. He read from the book as it floated in the air but the book wasn’t the only thing that floated. Salt and pepper shakers floated in the vacuity, the ladle stirred the gravy by itself, the onions needed no one to cut it, the knife carefully sliced the tomatoes all by itself and Genie just read the book, turning the pages without touching the book.

KNOCK KNOCK

And Genie stopped reading the book. The vacuum cleaner still roamed around the house while Genie passed by it to get the door.

He opened the door but instantly got confused to see the unfamiliar face.

“Who are you and how may I help you, sir?” Genie used the most polite way to talk to the stranger.

“I’m Vivian, Sam’s husband and who might you be?” the sassy Australian snapped right away, to see a stranger standing in Sam’s house.