Magic and other issues (Tom)

The day light flooded her room from the windows. She slightly moved, turning on her side. Her body ached, a frown flashed on her face instantly. She slowly slid up in sitting position. She could feel an unknown burden over her chest making it uneasy for her to feel the early morning bliss. She rubbed off the remaining sleep from her eyes and yawned but her yawn got caught in her throat when she recalled the last night events. Her eyes shot wide when she recalled that last night she brought a genie with her, she quickly got off from the bed and rushed out of her room. But the moment she got out of her room she tripped and fell on her face.

“Oww!” She grunted but her eyes swelled when she realized that she tripped over a guy, who slept peacefully on the floor. She slowly sat up while having her eyes fixed on the sleeping form of the guy. She looked closely as the guy looked uncomfortable sleeping on the cold floor; he groaned and hugged himself while burying his knees deep in his stomach. She felt bad for the guy. Why was he sleeping on the floor anyways? She thought. Suddenly she saw the guy moving, he slowly opened his eyes. At first he smiled widely to see her face but then suddenly he quickly got up, sitting upright on his spot, looking petrified to see her.

“I’m sorry, master!” He rubbed his eyes while looking totally embarrassed, “I dozed off, I’m so sorry! I wasn’t supposed to sleep.” He spoke in quickly got up and stretched his back, making a bone cracking sound.

"Why weren’t you supposed to sleep?" She asked him as he stretched his back, making cracking sounds. Poor chap, slept on the floor the entire night.

"You never told me to..." He again cracked his neck, making another sound. My eyes swelled to hear him. She instantly turned to face him while he was about to crack his knuckles.

"What do you mean I never told you to?" What was he supposed to mean? She thought.

"I don't go to sleep or do anything unless you tell me to, your floor is... Ahh, hard!" He complained stretching his back one more time.

"Its floor, it is supposed to be hard! And why did you sleep here? You could have taken the couch..." She was feeling bad for him already.

"No, I told you I cannot sleep until you tell me to. I tried to stay awake but I think I..." Before he could further explain, she cut him off.

“You mean you need my permission to even sleep?” she looked at him totally shocked to hear such statement.

“Yes!” He looked better now that he had popped every single bone in his body.

“Ok?! Can we change the rules a bit here?”

“Like…?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Like… you can go sleep when you feel sleepy without asking for any permission.” She smiled and crossed her arms on her chest.

“Are you saying that I can sleep whenever I feel like?” He confusedly looked at her, not believing a word out of her mouth.

“Yes?! Why is that so hard to believe?” Samantha brought out the coffee beans. “You want coffee?” She casually asked him but to her surprise her offer surprised him even more.

“You asking me for coffee?” He sounded even more confused.

“Yeah?! You don’t like coffee?” She forwarded a mug of coffee to Genie but raised an eyebrow when the guy just looked at it with disbelief. He took the mug with both hands still disbelief flashing over his expressions.

“Wow?! Thanks. I guess you are not like my other masters.” He took a sip of the coffee and his eyes swelled with ecstasy to taste it.

“Why? What were they like?” Sam just got out of the kitchen with her coffee.