↳ two

| The Painter |❝ a canvas is never empty

| The Painter |
❝ a canvas is never empty. ❞

WITH FEW LOOKS OF DISGUST THEIR BUS HAD REACHED THEIR DESTINATION, Markus stood up first as he was in the aisle seat and Katrina followed close behind him as they exited the bus

"Android lover," "That thing should have been at the back with the rest of them," she heard a few passengers mutter under their breaths, simply flicking them the bird, a silent 'fuck you' as she stepped off the bus. Markus noticed her clenched fists, knowing that she disliked when people spoke poorly about androids. 

"I did insist on standing in the android compartment, where I was meant to go," Markus said. "But I know that you are too stubborn for that," he joked.

Katrina rolled her eyes in amusement. "You're not wrong about that, Markus." They began to walk up the driveway as the bus drove off. 

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Markus." An automated voice spoke as the door opened for them. "Welcome back, Miss Pierce." 

Katrina always loved coming to Carl's, he was almost like another father figure to her even though she had Hank she still looked up to the old man and often would come over when she was younger with her father for him to teach her to paint but that all stopped when her mother was killed during the months she couldn't remember.

"Would you like me to take your coat, Katrina?" Markus' voice broke her from her thoughts, turning to see his arms out for her coat. 

"Um... oh, yes." She unzipped her coat, shrugging it off her shoulders as Markus helped her out of it. "You know not to ask me that, usually I say no."

"I know," Markus hung up her jacket on the coat rack, turning to her. "I wanted to."

"You know you're not an ordinary android, you shouldn't let people what you can and can't be." Markus' LED flickered from blue to yellow and briefly red for a moment, turning back to its calm blue color. He walks up to the birdcage, opening it to reset the canaries. Taking one in his hand he activated it, it tweeted in his hand. Katrina walked up beside him, examining the birds.