He held onto my hand for a few more minutes before he had to look at a different page as they went onto the next discussion.

***

After one hour the meeting was finally put to an end. I quickly got up and made my way towards my purse as I grabbed onto it and shoved all of my items inside.

Seeing that Xavier seemed to be in some sort of heated discussion with one of his workers, I rushed to Mr. Collins before I got his approval on leaving early since I had nothing left to do.

Not waiting any longer, I quickly rushed out of the meeting room before I practically ran towards the elevator. Why am I running? I was supposed to tell him about Cole and Reyna.

Once I was in front of the elevator doors I pressed the button that was to open these doors and lead me to my freedom. I looked back and sighed in relief as I saw nobody near before a small amount of guilt coursed through me. He is their father...

The elevator finally chimed and I walked in and pressed the lobby button before I threw myself on the wall watching as the doors began to close.

I'll just text him or call and tell him about meeting up maybe?

Oh that's right... I don't have his number anymore.

Just as the doors were beginning to close a big hand stopped them from meeting and pushed them further apart. "Are you shitting me?"

Xavier walked in and the doors closed behind him a few seconds later as he stared down at me with another heated gaze before he took slow steps towards me causing me to push my back further onto the walls, wishing that I'd just disappear.

"What the hell Xavier? There's a camera in here" I said as he trapped me in a corner of the elevator. I was lying and he probably knew that I was bluffing.

"Has any camera ever stopped me from doing what I want with you?" I tensed as I felt his hand roam over the inner parts of my thigh before he pushed them further apart. A shaky breath was released from me.

"We are not together anymore Xavier. You can't just think that you're able to touch me as you please. What if I'm seeing someone else?" I snapped, ignoring the way my eyes burned as tears threatened to escape. Now is not the time.

He then lifted his head from the crook of my neck and stared down at me with this sort of longing expression with a hint of anger and guilt before he groaned out in annoyance.

"Arii, I won't allow another man to be near you. You are mine. Listen, I am so fucking sorry about kicking you out and divorcing you. I know that I should've believed in you but I know the truth now and I just want to make things right." He said, I couldn't help but scoff at his way of apologizing.

"You're about five years too late for another chance Xavier. I am my own person. I talk to whoever I want and date whoever I want. I don't need any of my decisions to be approved by you...

but I can try to forgive you, we can try to move past this and become friends like we once were in the past." I stated, looking at the other side of the elevator instead of him.

I felt as one of his fingers found its way towards my chin before he forced me to look him in the eyes. Instead of looking directly at him I decided to look above his head and his grip on my chin didn't falter.

"Look at me Arii."

I looked at his slicked back dark brown hair that's longer than the last time we were this close, mentally cursing at myself for having the urge to run my hands through it, like old times.

"Axarii." He called out sternly, his tight grip now slightly loose.

My name sure has been popular recently.

"If you don't look at me then I'll have no choice but to punish you love." He stated, his voice sounding serious. Oh please.

Once I heard the elevator sound, letting me know that the doors were finally opened, I pushed him away with all my might before I took off running like a mad woman towards the entrance while ignoring him as he called out to me.

Slightly panting as I was getting closer to my car, once beside it I rammed into my purse, quickly searching for my keys. I quickly unlocked the doors and opened the driver's side, only for it to be slammed shut.

"I'm not letting you leave me again." Anger in his voice.

I turned towards him in anger. "I didn't leave you. You were the one who left, the one who abandoned me when I needed to feel loved and supported more than anything! But instead I was embarrassed, accused of being a whore and a liar after you threw me out. Your fucking wife!

And now you think that you can just waltz back into my life after all the shit you've done? You think that I'll just forget everything and get back with you? You don't even know what I've been through, what I'm going through as of right now!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face as I repeatedly punched Xavier's chest, him only staring at me with a guilty expression of his face.

I wiped the tears that continued to run past my flushed cheeks, "I can't keep doing this. I've moved on and yet here you are, messing with my life once again. I'm tired of feeling this way" I spoke out before removing his hand from the car door, quickly getting inside.

After getting situated and starting the car, I drove away from the building and towards Sophie's house. I had to take a few deep breaths as I calmed myself down.

Maybe Winston was right.

It only took a few moments before I arrived at Sophie's house and was parked in her driveway. After stepping out of the car, I made it to the front door. I then pulled out my phone to see how I looked before ringing the doorbell.

* * *

Don't forget to vote!