"Well it seems that fate was by my side today." He said, the amusement clear as day in his eyes. He then stepped aside and the last person came in.

Xavier.

After talking to Mr. Collins he turned around and looked at me before his face showed him being shocked as I looked at him.

Hopefully he doesn't recognize me.

"This is my PA, Ms. Miller. This is Xavier Knight and Mason Brookes they're th-"

"Axarii." He said in disbelief. I watched as Xavier continued to stare at me intently as I struggled to keep eye contact. Maybe this is a sign that I need to just find another career that interests me.

"Hello Mr. Knight, nice seeing you again." I spoke out ignoring the way my voice wavered at the end.

"You guys know each other?" Mr. Collins asked.

"Yes she's my w-" He began but I butted in.

"-We had bumped into one another when I had gone to grab your coffee the other day." I quickly explained, noticing the way Xavier shamelessly began eyeing me causing me to look away.

"Okay. Well shall we get started?" And with that I quickly turned and walked towards the table and found a seat where I'd be closer to Mr. Collins and away from Xavier.

The four made their way towards the table. Mr. Collins sitting at the head of the table and Mason sitting in front of me. The only available seat for Xavier was the one next to Mason but Xavier did the unthinkable.

He walked towards the guy sitting on my right and just stared at him before he'd finally gotten the message and go up to sit in the other chair. Who the hell does that?

So embarrassing...

I opened my notebook as I prepared myself for this meeting while ignoring the amused stare from Mason and the intense gaze from Xavier.

Mr. Collins cleared his throat before speaking. "Let's begin."

****

The meeting has been going on for about forty minutes now and I was finally able to focus on my task as I'd eventually gotten used to Xavier glancing at me from time to time while I would write down a few of the questions some of the men would ask Robert and I was honestly impressed by many of them.

I immediately tensed as I felt a large hand that had spread tingles throughout my body once it fell onto my exposed thigh, creating slow patterns on the now burning skin. Not wanting to start an commotion, I turned both of my legs, facing them in the other direction but his hand followed as well.

Bringing my hand down I tried pulling his hand away but of course it didn't even budge. He then grabbed my hand that was once trying to pull his own away from my thigh, intertwining our hands. He would always lightly squeeze my hand every time I'd try pulling away from his firm grip. What a pain.

"Behave love." He muttered out when I began pinching his hand.

Behave? Some nerve this guy has!

"You've got some nerve to tell me to behave." I told him, glaring at his hand.

After a few failed attempts I reluctantly gave up seeing that he's not going to let go unless he decides to change his mind before I started back focusing, not wanting to earn the gaze of everyone in the room.