"I have no problem with your boyfriend, whoever the fuck he is. But don't expect me to act as if everything's fine like it's all the same when you show up after weeks. Stop acting like you care about me. Don't try to make time for me if you don't want to. You're not hung up on me. Neither am I."

At this point, my body had turned into a flaming pile of iron. Hardly able to speak further out of rage, I glared at him hard in his eyes, tears pooling my eyes.

I took a breath and said, "I won't blame you for anything. Maybe this is all my fault but it's not me who thinks we can't be friends anymore just because we don't see each other as often as we used to."

Then I walked away, wiping my eyes dry with my palms. He had been more than a part of me for as long as I could remember and I couldn't believe we had come to this.

In the evening, I stayed in my dorm with Carli and Vanessa, since Jay would be at work in his club, Fusion. Carli, just as she predicted, had circled right back to Grayson and she no longer slept in the dorm as often as she used to. Vanessa, on the other hand, had grown a tail. Nathan. Ever since he found out Vanessa liked him, he hadn't stayed away from her. Now he called her almost every other day. In the beginning, it drove Vanessa mad with confusion and dilemma. It still did.

Had he approached her before the party, she would have gladly gone out with him for a date that he now kept asking for. But since he asked after learning Vanessa had a thing for him, none of us could be sure anymore whether he genuinely wanted to go out with her or whether he was taking advantage. So, Vanessa kept refusing and Nathan kept asking.

"What do you guys think?" Vanessa asked as we lay on my bed after a call with Nathan.

"Honestly, I don't know anymore," I said, "I thought he was fooling around but he's starting to seem a little serious. I think he really likes you."

"I feel the same," Carli nodded.

"You could try going out with him and see how it goes. Experiment. You have nothing to lose. But only for fun."

"You mean like how you and Jay started off?" She chuckled at me, nudging at my side.

I laughed. "Yup."

"I don't trust that strategy anymore. Look at you now."

"Hey, we're still taking it slow. We haven't had sex yet."

Carli scoffed. "Yeah. That's a funny joke. Jay and no sex."

"I'm not kidding."

She turned and looked at me, doubt in her eyes. I stared back at her and her mouth slowly fell open as it sunk in her that I wasn't telling any joke.

Her eyes went wide. "How does he. . . oh my God. How'd you even do that? Really?!"

"Well, we talked about it. I told him I didn't wanna go too fast and he's been at his best behavior ever since." I smiled at her proudly, proud of how Jay had actually managed to restrain his urges just to honor my wishes.

"Really?" Carli gasped, still amazed at it. "Nothing at all?"

"Well, we kiss. We make out. Just no sex yet."

"And he actually lives without sex these days?" Vanessa garbled with big, round eyes.

"Yeah."

"God! How is he holding up?" Carli asked.

I exploded laughing. "You're really concerned about him now."

She laughed too. "I mean, yeah. It's been weeks since you guys started going on. How is he doing really? Is he okay? And what about you? Can you really resist him?"

"I try. But it's not easy. I mean we sleep on the same bed and he's so good at the things he does."

"Holy shit! I pray to God." She hit her fists on the bed and gave me the most brilliant, the most notorious smile ever. "I'm praying for you, Lola. Be prepared. When you guys finally start having sex, he's gonna be a chained animal let loose. I bet."

Was that supposed to scare me?

Because, on the contrary, I felt myself getting excited at the idea, and my teeth sunk into my bottom lip. I would love it. I would love to have him rage on my body with his passion and fill my soul to the brim, take all of me, and leave me with nothing else but the pleasure of our intimacy.

Carli suddenly said, "I have an idea."

"What kind of an idea?"

"Why don't we dress up and hit the club. Surprise Jay maybe?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me accompanied by a mischievous smile.

"I don't know if Jay's going to like the idea very much. He doesn't really want people to see me with him in public."

"He could always keep a safe distance while he watches you dance."

Now, I liked the idea.

A slow, scheming smile grew on my lips and I eventually replied, "Okay."

We bustled up from the bed and quickly began rummaging through our closets, looking for an outfit appropriate for a night club.

I wonder what Jay would say when he sees me.

☢☢☢

Next two chapters on Inkitt! Hope you're all doing well and good so far! ❤

Love, Hermyne