Chapter 4

A thousand thanks to my friend christamariaalaly for the awesome cover! 😍

Four
☢☢☢

Jay drove me back to my dorm. Midnight had come and gone by then. I got down from his bike and looked at him, unsure where to keep my hands, unsure whether to smile or try to be that cool girl.

"Thanks," I said.

He nodded, keeping his hypnotic blue eyes trained on me. I felt my heart speed up inside, my cheeks heat up, and I failed terribly trying not to blush.

"I should. . . I should get inside. It's pretty late now." I managed - despite the hidden urge within me to stay a while with him - raising my wrist to look at my watch. Only that I had to suffer the embarrassment of finding my wrist bare.

You don't wear a watch, Lola!

Jay swallowed a smile and got off the bike.

"Yeah, it's late now. I'm thinking I should sleep over. I'm tired."

I felt my eyes grow wide. "Sleepover? Where?"

"Your room, of course. Your bed. With you. Why? We could have some fun together."

"Aha!" I chuckled nervously, hardly able to stand at the idea, a bunch of butterflies in my stomach. "Nice joke."

I can't breathe!

"I'm not joking," he said, coming closer to me. "We could."

My mouth felt wide apart and I started to stutter, "What. . . are you crazy?! We just met! You should leave."

God, am I worried or a little excited? I can't tell!

"I don't think so," he persistent, observing me carefully. As he approached me, his hands found their way around my waist, teasing my skin and stealing heartbeat after heartbeat from me.

God.

"Don't you think we'll be so much better under the covers together than having to sleep alone?" He asked lowly against my ear while the musky scent of his cologne filled my nose, drugging my mind. I panted slightly at his touch. My eyes struggled to stay open.

"I think it would." He continued. "No commitment. Just fun."

His breath fell against my neck and I lost it. My eyes slowly fluttered shut and my shaky palms fisted over his chest.

"Lola?"

"Yeah?" I breathed heavily.

"You're sleepy. Maybe another time."

Wait. What?

WHAT?!

My eyes shot open and I was mortified to see him fighting back a smile. Suddenly embarrassed and irritated, I pushed him away from me. "Jerk."

"I'm just saying you should get proper sleep!" He chuckled as he went back and straddled his bike.

"Sure, I will. You asshole!" I spat and stomped inside, pissed at him to the point I could hit him on his head with something hard.

I heard him reignite his engine but I didn't look back. Then the next moment, I heard him drive away.

"Was that Jay Ryder? Did he drop you off?" One of the girls, coming inside after me, asked me on the way.

"No."

I went inside my room and slammed the door after me, unaware of Vanessa lying on her bed. She sat up on the bed startled. "Whoa!"