Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"Kaifa haluk habibi(how are you my love)" he asks,

You see what i am telling you people?

"Ana bikhair, wa anta, kayf tasheur? (I'm fine, and you, how are you feeling?)" I ask smiling at him.

He smiled back; "Oh, as you can see i am feeling much better Alhamdulillah." He says a bit weakly.

"I'm happy then, i wish you the quickest recovery." I said wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm happy you're happy ibni(my son)" he hugs me. "Ana behebbak(I love you)" he added.

"Wa ana kaman Abhi, wa ana kaman(me too father, me too)" I don't know why but my eyes begin to fill with tears.

"Uncle Sam?" Affan calls, coming inside the room; "Come here my son." Abhi says while picking him up; "I thought i am your only son?" I questioned teasingly, he shrug and laughs.

Affan and me laughed and we talked for some time before he literally push me to go visit my wife and allow him to spend some alone time with his wife too.

We both laughed and i left.

***

"How's your dad feeling too?" My mother in law asks; "Alhamdulillah he is doing much better." I replied.

I literally just arrived at my in laws, i haven't even seen my wife as she is upstairs in her room.

"Samir big man." Mr Jabir says giving me a side hug, i chuckle at what he said.

"How are you doing sir." I ask, i still call him that, even after a year of our marriage with his daughter, yes it has been a year already, i know time flies.

Our anniversary was two weeks ago.

"I'm fine my son, how are you?"

"I am fine thank you, how's Nih- Norah doing?" I clear my throat, he laughs taking a hint, "I know you can't wait to see her, the staircase is that way son." He winks and turn to the other side feeling embarrassed, he still intimidates me.

"How is your dad doing? Will visit him later in shaa Allah." Mr Jabir asks while i was already walking towards the stairs, "Alhamdulillah he is feeling much better thank you."

"May Allah be with him." He says and i nod while muttering 'Amin' to myself. 

I open the door of my wifes room and immediately; "Babe, took your forever." Was heard, she's pouting.

"At least not in my presence Norah." Her brother says rolling his eyes, he stood up and walk out of the room after we exchanged pleasantries.

I walk towards her bed after Yunus close the door: "Hey beautiful." I said, sitting next to her.

She stretch her hand and caress my cheek; "Hey baby." She says, "How are you feeling?" I ask, feeling her temperature.

"Alhamdulillah i am fine, thank you." She smiled. "Lets go back home today." She added and a bubble of laugher escape my mouth.

"No babe, you're still not fully recovered, and i can't take care for you." I feign hurt, i honestly felt bad when she said she'll spend few days at her parents, she indirectly meant that i cannot take care of her.

She lay her head on my chest, my hands automatically dive into her hair, her soft hair.

We stayed like that for some time before she pulled away.