Chapter Five

The prophet peace be upon him said; "Allah is more merciful to his servants than a mother is to her child." Sahih al- Bukhari 5999

Allah loves you, more than you could ever imagine, never doubt that.

Samirs pov

There where i stand
Aloof in the darkness
Dropping in the ocean of tears
Like water in the boiling pot.

Resting on the mountain of sorrow
Like homeless son that lost his mother.
Remembering my falling heroine
With tears flowing like a river.

The rain of tears falling unceasingly
With wind of loss and regret
Chasing the orphans, running helter-skelter,
To the unknown destination of sorrow.

I sat down pitifully near the graveyard,
Mourning the departure of my humble ambassador(s),
They had gone far away from us
To the land of our silence fathers.

The tune of music in the world of remembrance,
Playing weepily in a sorrowful mood
The dead snatched the soul of a noble family,
And Rest In Peace my lovely family.

I read what i wrote last night with tears in my eyes, only my Lord can understand what i am feeling.

***

The sound of my alarm woke me up, surprisingly i haven't been having nightmares for almost three days now.

"Alhamdulillah." I muttered.

I check the time, it's 5:10am.

I lazily drag myself to the bathroom, i did my thing and perform wudhu, i exit the bathroom and start praying rakatanil fajr. Once i am done, i walk to my fathers room and find him already walking towards my room, he smiled at me and engulf me in a hug immediately, i hugged him back.

"Sana helwa ya ibni(happy birthday my son)" he pulled away from the hug, still with a huge grin plastered on his face.

That's too much smile at this time of the day if you ask me.

"Shukhran abhi(thank you dad)" I smiled at him as well and we proceed to walk to the masjid to pray fajr.

I do not fancy birthday(s), i do not have any reason to celebrate.

We arrive at the masjid, we missed the first raka'ah, we both payed it and did our azkhar.

We stayed at the masjid for some minutes to pray salatul duha, i thanked Allah for sparing me to witness another year of my life, i cannot thank him enough, Thank you so much Ya Gaffur, I love you.

I prayed for my dads health, and the rest of my family, May we all reunite in jannah.

We walk back home in silence.

Mama Zainab welcomed us with a slice of red velvet cake in her hand, on the plate it read 'Samir is 18' she hands me, i took it, smiling at her.

Too many smile(s) early in the morning. Smh!

"Thank you so much Mama Zainab, i love it." I smiled at her and she peck my cheeks. "Of course you will." My dad playfully hit my shoulder before picking a forkful of the cake.