Daddy

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

I wake up and check the time, wait, 9:30 a.m.?! How did this happen?! I then check my phone and realize that it's Saturday, and today is the first day of Winter Break. Thank god. I sigh in relief, but then I realize that I take care of kids who are under the age of 7, where are they? Normally, Gabi would wake me up when Dillon cries or when she's hungry, which is around 7:30, but she's not here, waking me up! What the hell?! What happened?

I quickly get out of bed, grab my phone and go out into the main area, immediately smelling bacon and eggs. Yum.

Right as I turn the corner into the kitchen, I remember that Josh is here. Gabi's tugging at his pant leg, trying to get his attention while Dillon is laying on the counter, lightly smacking his fists on the counter in a mini tantrum. I smile and take a picture of it. Ah, the joy of parenting.

"Looks like you're having fun," I remark, making Josh quickly spin around and sigh in relief.

"Yeah, if that's what this is," he remarks back, and I laugh, bracing for impact of Gabi.

"Mommy!" She exclaims, and I laugh lightly as she runs towards me and I kneel down just as she runs straight into my arms.

"Good morning sweetie," I say, and I hear a faint "Good morning" in response, but since she's like flush against my arms, it's pretty muffled and hard to hear. After she pulls away, she smiles.

"Daddy's making breakfast!" She exclaims, just like Riley and my eyes go wide as my face goes pale. The wide smile that was previously on my face has completely vanished, leaving me looking like I've just seen a ghost.

Daddy?

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 302