Skip

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

After I finally get a good night's sleep for what seems like ages, I am woken up by crying. Welp, seems that Topanga got Dillon to bed, but it's time for me to get up; she's probably left by now. I look over at my alarm clock, and realize that it's 1:30pm. Shit, I skipped school. I then notice a note on my nightstand:

I called Cory and told him you wouldn't be in school today. He'll let all of your teachers know too. You need a day off from at least one thing, so I'm also letting you off of your shifts at Topanga's tonight. If you come, you know that I'll personally kick you out and force you to go home. I left at 10 for work, I just put Gabi down in her room for a nap, same for Dillon. They're sharing a room, so I would suggest when you hear Dillon, get there as fast as possible, so you don't-

Right at that moment, Gabi comes running in, tears running down her face.

"Mommy!" she yells, reaching her hands out for me to pick her up, which I gladly do and place her on my bed. I was about to correct her, but that's the least of my worries. I grab her hand and bring her back to her room calmly, placing the note down and taking a mental note to finish reading it later.

"What happened?" I ask her as we walk down the hallway.

"I tried to help with Dil, but I...." she says.

"What?" I ask.

"I dropped him," she says quietly, "I couldn't hold him, he was moving too much, I've never held him before when he's like that."

"It's okay sweetie, its not your fault. That is one of the main reasons why there is that large fluffy rug in your room, so it's nearly impossible for you to fall and hurt yourself on accident," I say as I stop walking when we get to her room, kneeling down to her and caressing her cheek with my thumb, and she leans into my hand and smiles.

"Okay," she says softly, and I give her a smile and stand back up, going into her room, gently letting go of her hand and going over to Dillon and picking up the screaming baby.

"It's okay Dillon, I'm here," I say as I lightly bounce him in my arms, checking for any marks; nothing, thank god. I then realize that he probably needs his diaper changed. I sniff his diaper, and am very saddled and disgusted by the smell. Ewwww!

I lower him back to the ground, grabbing the changing blanket, some wipes, and a fresh diaper. I lay the blanket out and gently place the squirming baby onto it. I quickly realize that this isn't going to be a simple task, heck an impossible one because of the amount he's moving.

"Hey Gabi, can you go grab that little cow over there?" I ask, pointing to the box and the small cow stuffed animal on the top.

"Yes mommy," she says and walks over to the box.

"Maya," I correct her quickly, "My name is Maya."

"Sorry Maya," she corrects herself as she brings the cow back over to me and hands it to me, Dillon finally shutting up as he hears the little rattles from inside the cow.

He reaches out for it with both of his hands, and I gladly give it to him, and my heart melts as he grabs it and hugs it tightly, a huge smile on his face.

"Awwww," Gabi coos.

"I know right," I say as I quickly change his diaper while he's still occupied with the cow.

Once I'm done, I pick him back up, throwing away the diaper into the small trash can in the corner of the room.

"Okay," I say as I pick him up, gently holding his head, "What time is it?"

I see Gabi smile at the challenge to read the clock; she loves a challenge, so she runs to the little Hello Kitty analog clock on their dresser. She strains her eyes for a few seconds, intently trying to read the clock. I can't help but smile in amusement.

"1..... 40..... 5?" she says, turning back to me. I move my head so I can see the clock and when I do, I smile at her and nod.

"Great job sweetie," I say as I walk over to her and ruffle her hair a little.

"Hey!" she says as she laughs, grabbing my hand that was on her head. I can't help but laugh at her cuteness.

"Can we get food?" she asks, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course sweetie," I say and grab her hand while holding Dillon in the other, walking into the kitchen. I place Dillon in his little carrier (one of those car seat/basket things) at the kitchen table and go over to the fridge and open it.

I sigh in exasperation at the fact that there is nothing for me to make food. Darn it, I was planning to go grocery shopping today.

"What's wrong?" Gabi asks, realizing my emotion.

"We don't have any food, I was supposed to go grocery shopping today," I explain as I turn to her and close the fridge.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 902