Dre shook his head. "Get the fuck out my apartment and leave my son. I'll bring him back when I'm ready", he said.

Nae rolled her eyes. "Whatever", she said. "Let me just talk to him first"

"Handle yo business", he said.

Nae walked to Andre and sat next to him. "Hey baby. You're playing a puzzle?", she asked.

Dre looked at them for a moment then walked into the kitchen.

—————————————

Later that night, Aaliyah got home and Dre was on the couch, on his phone.

"Hey", Aaliyah said.

"What's up", he said as he sat up. "How was your day?"

"My day?.. we'll it has been good", Aaliyah said.

Dre nods.

"Where's Andre?", Aaliyah asked.

"Sleep", Dre replied. "And by the way, Nae is back"

"That's good", Aaliyah said as she sat next to him.

Dre put his arm around her.

Aaliyah moved his arm away and Dre made a face.

"We need to talk about something", Aaliyah said.

"About what?", he asked.

"About last night...look I heard you on the phone and-"

Dre cut her off. "Aaliyah I-"

"No let me finish okay?", Aaliyah said.

Dre got quiet.

"It's okay to help me feel positive about things but it would be good to know how you feel about things also...it's a part of being together", Aaliyah said. "...let alone being married"

Dre looked at her.

"I heard that part to and as of right now, my answer it isn't yes because we still aren't honest in this relationship", Aaliyah said.

Dre sighed. "You know what fuck it. Maybe we don't need to be one then", dre said.

"Dre I didn't say that", Aaliyah said.

"You didn't have to iight. I'm not the perfect guy, I get that, but everything is a problem that I do", Dre said.

"Dre I didn't say that! All I'm saying is, unless we can be honest with each other, we don't need to be married that's it", Aaliyah said. "We don't have to be married to be in love and to spend the rest of our lives with each other"

"Wait Aaliyah let me get this straight because everything was fine and everything has been the best it has ever been between us lately so is it me or is it you?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"I love you Aaliyah. I really do..but you gotta stop fighting things. The more you fight the more it tears something apart. I get it, you may be scared of marriage but just tell me that...don't put the blame on me. It's not like you haven't been hiding the fact that you've been pregnant or that you've been talking to Kevin every now and then", he said.

"We don't fall about anything. He just asks me for favors that's it", Aaliyah said. "I owe it to him"

"I'm not worried about it...if you wanted him something would've happened between y'all but it didn't", Dre said as he studied Aaliyah for her reaction.

Aaliyah looked normal. "You're right. We didn't", she said.

Dre nods as he stood up. "So be honest Aaliyah. Is it really me? Or you?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"...just think about that", Dre said. "I gotta head out. Just keep an eye on Andre"

Aaliyah nods.

Dre grabbed his keys and left.

Aaliyah sighed.

TO BE CONTINUED...