Chapter 49

The next day, Aaliyah got out of the hospital. Her dad wanted her to stay at his house so she would be safe, being that she didn't remember things.

Aaliyah as lounging outside one of the lounge chairs while she looked through her pictures on her phone. She saw a lot of picture of her of course and pictures of Keyanna and her. As she looked at the pictures, she began to have quick flashbacks of Keyanna laying in the bed dead. She quickly put her phone down and sat up and began thinking to herself.

Jay walked outside and walked to Aaliyah. "You good?", he asked.

Aaliyah looked at him. "Yea...umm who is this?", she asked as she showed at picture of Keyanna.

"That's um.. Keyanna. She was your best friend", he said.

"Was? So.. she did get shot?", Aaliyah asked.

"How did you know?", Jay asked.

"I don't know", Aaliyah said.

Jay made a face and sat down.

"I saw a picture of her and I started having these visions of her dead", Aaliyah said.

"What else for you remember?", he asked.

"Everything from yesterday and today and just that moment of keyanna", she said.

Jay was silent for a moment then he changed the subject. "Dre is waiting for you outside", he said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said as she up.

Aaliyah got her shoes on and grabbed her bag and walked outside and got into the car with Dre.

"You ready for the movie lil mama", he said.

Aaliyah chuckles. "Yes", she said.

Dre smiles puts the car in reverse and backs out the driveway.

——————————————-

Aaliyah and Dre went the movies and afterward they went out for dinner.

"This food is good", Aaliyah said.

"If you think this place is good, you'll love my favorite spot", he said with a smile. "They got the best food"

Aaliyah was quiet as she watched him eat.

Dre looked at Aaliyah. "What?", he asked.

"... it's was something different about the way you've been treating. I don't know if it was because of my memory or the fact that.. you think you love me", she said.

Dre clears his throat. "What do you mean different?", he asked.

"You're usually so serious..nonchalant. I mean you smile but...lately it's been a different smile.. something different in your eyes", she said.

"...is your memory back?", he asked.

Aaliyah nods.

"When?", he asked.

"Throughout the day, everything came together", she said.

Dre nods. "I'm glad your memory is back", he said.

"I'm glad too. I got to actually acknowledge that throughout these like 7 months..this is like our first date", she said.

Dre chuckles. "Sorry about that. But you know shit been chaotic", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "True", she said.

Dre gets to eat and gets silent between the two.

"...so we're just going to ignore the fact that you told me you loved me?", she asked. "Or did you just say that in the moment because you thought I was going to die"

"Aaliyah lets just eat", he said. "Let's talk about something else"

"...when I got shot, all I could think about is you. I guess it was because I calling you or...I don't know...maybe it was because you always came to my recuse someway some how", she said. "You blamed yourself and it's not your fault. I just want to say that too"

Dre begins eating.

"And I still want to have that talk...so I can open up and put everything on the table", she said as she picked up her fry.

"That sounds good", he said.

Aaliyah begins to eat.

Dre stops eating and sighs. "I do.. love you", he said.

"Why did you have to struggle to say that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Because that isn't a word I use loosely", he said. "I never really say it, so it just sounds weird to me"

"What makes you think you love me Dre?", Aaliyah said.

"I don't think it. I- I feel it", he said. "It's like going a day without hearing your voice at least once makes me..I don't know. Makes me feel like something's wrong. When you were in your coma, I'd listen to your voicemail that you left me three times a day"

Aaliyah looks down.

"It took me a while to get to the hospital when Jay texted me because I was- I didn't wa Luigi nt anybody to see me weak and at that moment I was weak. I cried. My eyes were red, your dad thought I was high", he said.

Aaliyah looks at him. "You cried?", she asked.

"I hate to admit it but I did", Dre said.

Aaliyah smiled a little and looks down. "Hopefully one day I'll be able to say it back... but as you know I'm not in the right state to love anybody because I don't even love myself", she said.

Dre looks at her as she gives him a slight smile then stops and starts eating.

They ate and talked for the remainder of their dinner and went to his house afterward and did something they haven't done in a while away.

They were in missionary style as Dre was thrusting into her and Aaliyah was moaning until he finally came.

Dre laid next to her out of breath. "I'm sorry I didn't last long. It's been a minute"

Aaliyah land her head on his chest. "I would hope so", she said. "And it's okay"

"Watch out", he said as tried to get up.

Aaliyah moves her head and Dre got up and walked to the bathroom. Aaliyah thought she was grabbing her phone but instead grabbed Dre's. He was a picture of Andre as his lock screen.

Dre came back out the bathroom and Aaliyah looked at him.

"Andre is adorable", she said.

"He gets it from his dad", he replied.

Aaliyah chuckles.

"...I'll have you meet him one day", Dre said. "Next time I have to watch him"

"You sure?", she asked.

"Yea", Dre said.

Aaliyah nods.

Dre held her and they began to cuddle as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"...Dre?", Aaliyah said.

"What's up?", he replied.

"I don't... I don't wanna end up heartbreaking your heart. Not by cheating, or being unloyal in anyway but as in something happening and we don't end of together anymore...I know you can't help how you feel but try not to fall in too deep, okay?", Aaliyah said.

Dre was silent.

"Dre?", she said as she looked at him.

"I won't. You know my guard is always up 24/7", he said

Aaliyah nods and lays her head back on his chest.

Dre looks at the ceiling and begins to think.

TO BE CONTINUED...