Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Three days. Three days! Three freaking days.

'I don't want to go!' I woke up yelling and crying again. Someones strong arms wrapped around me. Holding me tight and close. I felt safe in there arms. I rested my head on there chest. Mumbling and shaking my head in there chest. I shivering and no matter how hard I tried to stop it just seemed to made me cry even more. After a few minutes I pulled back to see who came to the rescue. A small smile gather on my face as I saw Jesse looking at me. I threw myself at him. My arms around his neck. We fell backwards so I landed on his chest. I giggled and looked at him. His blue eyes captivating me. I couldn't look away, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. I love him so much.

The door creaked open, I should have climbed off but I couldn't. It was like I was frozen on the spot. Knowing my luck it would be my mum. I was hoping it was anybody but my mum.

'GET OFF OF MY DAUGHTER!' she shrieked. Perfect timing. Why is she good at ruining the moment? I sighed and rolled off of him. I laid on my back next to him. Jesse got off my bed and lent me a hand to pull me up. I reluctantly took his hand and stood up. My mum stormed to us and ripped Jesse's hand from mine.

'I SAID GET YOUR HANDS OF MY DAUGHTER!' She yelled.

'Mum I was ontop of him. It was my fault.' I was too exahsted to fight but I wasn't going to let her take it out on Jesse. Thats not fair. 'Mum just please go away. I want to sleep.' I sighed. She gave me a confussed look, she was lost for words. Thats a first. I grabbed Jesse's arm and lead him to the bed. I got under the covers and rested my head on Jesse's chest. His body was stiff, I could tell he was uncomfortable. But I was feeling selfish.

I heard the creak open and the close. I peaked through my lashes to see mum had gone. I sat up and looked at Jesse. His eyes were closed.

'I'm sorry. I screwed up.' I whispered. His eyes shot open and looked wide eyed at me. He cupped my face .

'Don't appologise. You don't have anything to appologise for. I was just suprised that you stood up to your mum.' He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. I could stay here forever. I've probably already said that but anytime spent with Jesse I could freeze. And live in that moment for etirnity.

We stayed laid there until Libby called through the intercom.

'Eden its time for Ballet.' Libbys voice echoed through the house. I dont want to move.

'Come on. Its your last class until you go to...' He trailed off and looked away. I looked up at him he kept his eyes from me. I swolled the lumo that formed in the top of my throat.

'I don't want to go.' I whined whislt getting off the bed. Bad move. Jesse through me over his shoulder and pick up my ballet bag. 'Jesse. I don't want to go.' I didn't bother trying to hit him with my fists or kick him. I''ve tried that before, and it didn't work.

'I'm not letting you waste your days with me when you could do something. Go to ballet. Enjoy it, for me.' He put me down in the car. He looked at me and my eyes form a misty layer over the top.

'I wouldn't be wasting my time. I'd be with you.' I my broke in all the wrong places. He kissed my forhead and closed the door.

'I love you. I'll see you later.' He waved to me as Libby began to drive. I sank down in the chair thinking about what happened. He doesn't want to spend time with me. Its too hard for him. Kept running through my head. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

All I want is you.

Jesse's point of view.

I watched the car drive down the drive way. How could I be so harsh on her. I shouldn't have forced her to go. She's going to be so pissed at me. I hated myself for ding that. She just wanted to spend time with me. I kicked the gravel in fustration along with a loud cuss word being shouted.

'Don't beat yourself up dude. Come on we need to get the rest of stuff for tomorrow.' Kade yelled from his car.

Can you keep a secret? We've planned a suprise leaving party for Eden. Everybody knows apart from Eden. Obviously. Thats the reason I sent her to Ballet, because we need to get a few things. We have everything planned. Where going to spend the majority of today getting things ready. Beth is going to invite her to stay at her house so that we can put the decorations up. We invited her close friends. So pretty much the Bolton boys (us) and a few girl friends.

Kade honked his horn again, pulling me out of my trance. I shook the thought of Eden crying out of my head and jogged to the car. I got in the passengers side of the car adn we sped down to the town. I turned around to see everybody in the car. All of them smiling and singing along to the radio. The noise they made was truely horrid. So off key adn out of tune it was unreal.

We pulled up at the grocories store. I grabbed a trolley and started wizzing up and down the isles looking for all sorts. I threw in all sorts. I went around with Amy and Beth, the first and last time I do that.

After being around the grocory shop twice I looked at the shooping cart. There was, easliy, $100 in there. We had enough food to feed half the school. There were only a douzen or so coming to the party. We had everything from fruit to pasteries to sweets.

'Hey. Where are you?... Okay... hurry.' I spoke on the phone to Kade. They were on there way to pick us up. I just want to go home. I've had a enough of these two giggling and gossiping around the grocors. There a pain in the ass.

Kade pulled up a few minutes later, before the car even stopped properly I grabbed the bag and sat in the front.

'Whats up with you frowny?' Kade said poking my cheek.

'I've just spent the past hour with your girlfriend and your girlfriends best friend. There the biggest pains in the arse ever. Just take me home.' I groached. I hate being in a bad mood, but Eden can cheer me up.

'Aww does someone miss there Eden?' Kade faked a sad voice and pouted.

'Oh leave him alone.' Amy hissed as she hit Kade around the back of the head. Everybody began to laugh and chuckle. The whole car filled with musical laughed, more in tune than there singing voices.

Moments after we finnished unpacking the food the front door opened revealing a very red eyed Eden. She looked me in the eyes for a second before running upstairs.

Well done Jesse. Job well bloody done.

I raced up the stairs, jumping up three steps at a time. I got to the top of the stairs and heared a door slam shut. I bolted to her door only to find something blocking my way.

'EDEN! EDEN! OPEN UP!' I yelled. My fists hitting the door with great force. I heard her crying on the other side of the door. I fell to the floor, on my knees. What have I done? I could kick myself. 'Eden, please. Just open the door I can explain about this morning.' I pleaded with her. The hall grew silent. I almost gave up when I heard the soft click of the lock. The door opened slowly and I felt her small arms around me. Her tears making my shirt damp. She pulled back after a few moments and looked me in the eyes.

'Explain then.' She spoke through sobs.

'I needed to get you out of the house. Don't ask why. You'll find out soon, please just trust me.' I said in a calm voice. I sat stroking her hair. She was silent for a while.

'Okay.' Her voice broke a little. She stood up and looked at me. A little smile on her face.