Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up fairly early the next morning. I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay in bed, cuddled up under my covers. Protected by the comfort of my bed. I didn't want Kade to know he'd won. I forced myself out of bed. I got a long hot shower. The shower was a good place to think. And I could wash Kade off me. I scrubbed my arms until they were red. I got out and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a vest top. I slipped on my slippers and walked to the lift. I hadn't used it before. I pushed the 1 button and the left went down. I walked to the livingroom, flicked the TV on and slumped down on the sofa. I put on the cartoons. You can never be too old for cartoons.

'Do you want some breakfast baby girl?' I looked to see Libby in the door way. She was in her pajama's and a purple silk dressing gown. She had a sympethtic smile. I shook my head. She nodded and left. The next minuet Teddy walked in. Rubbing his eyes. He came and plopped himself on my lap.

'Morning Teddy bear.' I said cheerly. He didn't reply. His eyes where fixed on the cartoons. Aaron popped in next to me.

'Morning Aaron.' I was really cheery. 'How come your dress. It's Like nine.'

'I'm picking Amy up in an hour.' He had a huge smile on his face.

'Can I come?' I asked.

'Yeah sure.'

'Thank you.' I leaned over to give him a hug. Knocking teddy off me as I did so.

'OW!' He cried. I burst into giggles.

'I'm sorry Teddy.' I picked him up from the floor. He wasn't crying.

*****

'Come on we better set off to pick Amy up.' Aaron jumped up and grabbed my arm hauling me off the sofa. His car was parked outside. I didn't understand how the cars always got to the front. I hoped in Aaron's car. We drove to the train station. It was a long drive. The ride was silent but not awkward. We pulled up and Aaron shot out of the car. I scrambled out and tried to follow him, he was too fast for me to catch up. When I did, he was stood waiting on a platform. Pacing the floor.

'Thanks for waiting!' I told him. He looked at me and grinned. The train pulled in and people began pouring onto the platform. The crowd sweeping past us. The platform cleared. At the edge of the platform there was a tall, slim girl. Her hair was long and beach blonde. Her face was rosy from the cold. Her face lit up as she saw Aaron. She dropped the duffle bag that were in her hands, and ran towards him. Seh threw her arms around him and he picked her up, spinning her around. When they had finnished she turned to me.

'You must be Eden,' She sounded so happy. I nodded 'Nice to meet you.' She pulled me into a hug. She pulled away. Aaron had picked her bags up. We walked to the car. Aaron and Amy got in the front of the car and I got in the back. Amy plugged in her Ipod and the music blasting as we set off. It was so nice to see Aaron so happy. Amy seemed nice. We pulled up infront of the house. Aaron and Amy began to kiss, making me feel akward. I got out the car and walked inside. I walked in the house, it was silent. I walked up to my room. I walked in to see a body laid on my bed. I cleared my throat. They turned around. Jesse was laid on my bed.

'Can I help?' I asked. He noodded and smiled.

'I'm bored.' He whined. He sat up and looked at me.

'And what do you want me to do?' I say.

'I was wondering if you want to go out on the horses or quads. What do you say?' He asked. They sounded fun.

'Can we go horse riding?' I ask. Jesse stands up.

'Yeah sure. Come on.' He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the lift. He pressed the one button and the lift went down. He opened the front door to see Amy and Aaron.