Chapter 38

Chapter 38

As expected I woke up in my bed, Jesse no where in sight. I don't recolect how I got to my bed, I don't remember dreaming. Just seeing black. I imagine thats what my life will be like when I'm in England. Black. Bleak. Boring. Empty. Need I go on. I was woken by the sound of something vibrating agianst the bedside table. I opened my eyes so I could peak through my eyelashes. I extended my arm searching for the source. My hand stumbled across my phone. I picked it up and looked at the screen, the brightness blinding me. I had to squint to see what my phone was displaying. My vision came clear after a minute or so. It was just my alarm. I was hoping there was a text or a phone call. But no such look. I sat up and noticed the envolope on my bed side table. My name written in thick marker pen. The hand writting almost a scribble.

'What did I say about the rules. There will be a punishment now. On your last night here you will be in your room from 5pm on the wont be allowed back out until we set off for the air port. Breaking rules is bad. You need to learn to to disobey me.'

I wanted to scream as I read the note. I HATE HER! Why is she determanade to distroy my life and more importantly my happyness. Just because Austin likes his prostitutes more that you. I shouldn't say that. Thats taking it too far. But I'm angry, I'm just glad I didn't say it too her.

I guess my birthday is ruined. I'm not allowed to see anyone. Only when I'm setting off. I pulled the covers off me and walk to my closet. Today is my last day off school. Yes I'm finnishing school on a Monday. Wierd. I'm not going to complain. I quiet like school, its a safe place to be. I put a pair of leggins on with a cropped top that stopped, level, with my belly-button. I slipped my hair into a bun.

I grabbed my bag and skipped downstairs. As soon as I was in the kitchen I froze. I was truely shooked at what I saw. Jesse, mum and Austin sat at the breakfast bar. Talking, like friends. Well, mum was silent. But Jess and Austin were talking like old friends. Have I missed something. There tones hushed so I couldn't here. Jesses head shot up and smiled at me. He pulled the chair next to him out and gestured for me to sit next to him. I walked slowly to the chair.

'What's going on?' I asked. Everyone turned to smile at me, it scared me for some reason.

'We are getting to know Jesse more. We haven't had chance to really meet him unless he's been with you.' Austin smiled at me. Jesse stood up and got me a plate of pancakes. I don't feel like eating so I just stabbed them. I wasn't really listening to the convosations around me. I was too focased on pretending my pancake was mums face. Yes, I'm that pissed of.

I felt a hand on my should which made me jump.

'Come on we need to set off for school.' Jesse said.

'You run ahead I need a quick word with Eden.' Austins voice was a little low. Jesse gave him a small smile and a little nodd. He left the room and my mum left too. She didn't seem too impressed.

'Whats up?' I asked.

'That Jesse is a good kid, care about you a lot. He's a keeper, don't let him slip away. And ignore your mother, she's just a little cranky.' He shot me a smile, which I returned.

'REALLY!?' I yelled. Completely suprised at what he said.

'You have my approval to date Jesse. I know I'm a little late.' As he said it my smile grew bigger. I don't know what caused next reaction. For the first time in eight years I hugged him. A propper hug. He froze and his body stiffened.

'Thank you.' I shouted as I ran to the car. I cou'dn't believe it Austin liked Jesse. That has made my day!

I got in the car, fastened my belt. I looked at Jesse. My d- Austin approved! I mean how can you not love him. He's so kind, caring and so loviable. I kept my eyes on him.