Chapter 24

Chapter 24

We all pulled out of the hug that practically squashed us. Libby was waiting behind us. A warm, welcoming smile on her face. She had a gym bag in her hands.

'Eden we have to go,' She told me. I gave her a puzzled look. 'Your ballet try-out.' She stated, in a matter-of-factly voice. I can't believe I forgot.

'Can we come?' Beth asked. I turned around to her and gave a small nod. That made me feel a little nervous. We all piled into the car. I got in the back next to Jesse and Kade. Beth was in the front seat. I rested my head on Jesse's shoulder and let out a big sigh. Our locked hands and our fingers laced through each others. I was starting to feel sick. I kind of wish I hadn't invited everyone to come with us. What if I screwed up? What if I completely froze? So many things where racing through my mind.

'Are you okay?' Jesse whispered. I shook my head. 'Whats up?'

'What if I screw up? I'll look stupid. And I kind of don't want to embarass myself in front of you all. Mainly you. I haven't done ballet in months. I mean i've practiced in my room some times but it wasn't properly.' I babbled out.

'Why you scared of embarassing youself in front of me?' He asked.

'I don't know.' That was the truth. I really didn't know why I was affraid to screw up in front of him. Maybe because he did everything perfectly.

It took nearly an hour in the car to get to the studio. I spent most of the ride texting everyone. We where on about the date. We all wanted to go to a different place. I honestly wasn't bothered what we did. As long as I was with Jesse, I was happy. We didn't talk out loud - Libby didn't know about anything. She didn't know that we a got wasted last night. She didn't know that Jade was sleeping with Christian. She didn't know about the fight or about Beth and Kade. Beth and Kade wanted to keep it quiet for a little while. They didn't want everyone to know.

We also talked about school. It starts again the day after tomorrow. I was happy to go back, because either Beth was in my class or Jesse was in my class. But I dreaded the thought of getting up early.

We arrived at the ballet studio. It was a large white building, there where loads of windows. It was about three stories high. The first story was almost completely large windows. There was a huge sign above the entrance. In big back letters it read:

All star dancers.

The car park was packed. We found a space and got my bag out of the boot. There was a long line of people waiting to be checked in. We qued up. The line moved pretty quickly. There was a fat woman at the desk. She looked incrediably bored. We went to the desk.

'Hello, welcome to All stars dance studio's. What is your name and what dance style are you auditioning for?' She asked. Her voice was monotone, sounding like a woman trying to sell a spa deal to me.

'Eden Carson. Ballet.' I told her.

'And what grade are you?'

'Grade 7.'

'Okay, here is you lable. The changing room is upstairs the first door on the left. There is a door for you to get to the dance studio from then. Sectators are up the stairs and second door on the left.' She told us before shouting next. I walked to there stairs. Clinging onto Jesse. I was so scared. I got to the top of the stairs. I stood still while everyone carried on into the studio.

'Its okay. You'll do amazing. What does grade seven mean?' He asked.

'I did a exam and I had to differant things. And I got awarded grade seven. You don't have to stay. Any of you. The try out will be a couple hours.' I told him.