Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss

Start from the beginning

Something is definitely wrong with me.

"No, I'm not." I defend crossing my arms over my chest, he flashes his eyes open and raises an eyebrow.

"You said you needed my help. With what?" I clear my throat and move closer to him to lower my voice.

I'm about to take a risk, I sure hope he doesn't announce this to the lord. Kenji sits up his eyes watching me skeptically.

"I want to escape," I say to him and he rolls his eyes before pushing me slightly away only to disappear to his kitchen or bar wherever, he returns with the same drink.

"And why should I help you with that?" He asks his finger drums against the glass and I press my lips together before moving closer to him, he moves back a bit, "how can you be so confident that I'll not report to the lord?" He brings his glass to his lips keeping eye contact with me.

"You don't seem like someone—a demon that gives a crap about what the king says," I say, the trainer chuckles, and his tongue darts out to lick the liquid off his lips.

He drops the glass on a stool nearby and moves closer leaning down a bit so that we can be on eye level, "What do I get from helping you?"

I don't break eye contact, "You get to finish what we started before the Tydeon interrupted us," he stands at full length, and a little laugh leaves his lips.

"And what was that?" He picks up the glass and drinks, a thin trail of the liquid slides down when he pulls the glass away, I swipe it with my thumb and bring it to my lips.

A sly smirk makes way to Kenji's lips, his blue eyes lit up a bit and I note how his eyes turn a bit dark—the white almost gone. He clears his throat.

"Very well. On Wednesday, which is tomorrow, a portal would be opened for travelers and it just so happens that they are going to the human realm—lucky you! At the edge of town, Cover up most of your face, and do not let Xanthus catch you, he'll be furious." He says his face closer to mine with each word, I nod, and his pointer fingertips my head up as he leans down more.

"That demon doesn't forgive easily," my heart thumps in my chest as he whispers his lips are dangerously close to mine and I wait in anticipation as I think he is going to kiss me—and he does.

Kenji lightly presses his soft lips on mine, "5...4...3...2...1" he whispers against my lips and I furrow my eyebrows before I decide to deepen the kiss.

Just like in the training ground, we are interrupted by a knock followed by Rekal's voice. "Open the door in the name of the king!" Kenji pulls away with a smile on his lips and a blush on my cheeks.

"You need to come up with better lines—what the fuck is in the name of the king?" The trainer asks the moment he opened his door, Rekal's eyes are dark with anger his nose flared at my sight and I see him shake his head.

"We're here for the queen." The two other guards behind him nod hitting their spears on the floor, I sigh before walking to the door. Before he speaks I do.

"Relax relax. Let's return to the castle before your king throws a fucking tantrum." Rekal stares at a calm Kenji who has a smile on his lips-clearly not intimidated by the angry Tydeon. "Come on," I tug on Rekal's arm and he looks at me before moving away. I throw one last glance at Kenji and he waves with a wink.

"What were you doing in there?" Rekal asks as we walk away, I stare ahead and answer.

"Nothing." My finger moves to my lips and a growing smile appears on my lips.

Although a tiny part of me is nagging for what happened, I had let another man, a demon at that kiss me—it might have been more of a peck since there was no tongue or anything but it was a kiss nonetheless and that tiny part can't stop screaming how wrong it is.